CaptureNX

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Hoping for some help with the above. I bought a used D300 and got a software key for CNX included but no disk. Anyone know if I can download the software and use the key? The key looks untampered/unopened. It wasn't in the description (except maybe "everything that was in the box") and I got a great deal so not looking to cause issue with the seller or anything just wondered if I could get access to the software.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Don't think Nikons come with Capture NX now (mine both came with only View NX). Anyone wanting it needs to buy it.

You'll be able to download a trial version I think and that possibly will accept the key you have.
If you need to register it and it transpires the key is recorded elsewhere you may have problems. Not entirely sure how these things work, but the licence will likely be for one pc with one copy of CNX.

Cheers Dougie
Yeah - probably the case with this. I've managed to get hold of the seller and he's going to look out the cd so might work - if not then c'est la vie.

Whereabouts in Stirlingshire are you by the way? Spend a bit of time up there.

Don't think Nikons come with Capture NX now (mine both came with only View NX). Anyone wanting it needs to buy it.

You'll be able to download a trial version I think and that possibly will accept the key you have.
If you need to register it and it transpires the key is recorded elsewhere you may have problems. Not entirely sure how these things work, but the licence will likely be for one pc with one copy of CNX.

I had a Nikon a few years ago & used Capture NX - Back then if you downloaded the trial & then bought the software you COULD activate it by entering the key on your disc / box (I remember I didn't even have to open the box when I did mine!)
Cheer
Paul

Thanks Paul
If I don't get the cd through i'll give that a try.

Cheers Dougie
Yeah - probably the case with this. I've managed to get hold of the seller and he's going to look out the cd so might work - if not then c'est la vie.

Whereabouts in Stirlingshire are you by the way? Spend a bit of time up there.

Sorry Chris, I don't go into precise details about my location on the internet.

Back