car Nav update

I found Waze fun to use, but it tended to take me down all the back lanes instead of sticking to the main routes.
I use 'HERE WeGo' now, it seems to take more sensible routes

I found Waze fun to use, but it tended to take me down all the back lanes instead of sticking to the main routes.
I use 'HERE WeGo' now, it seems to take more sensible routes

yeah google maps has done that for me a bit lately end up in some housing estate thinking hummmmm

I very rarely need or use a satnav so I just have an older Garmin for those rare occasions. Always Google Maps on the phone too.

I use Google maps via Android auto. Find it as up to date as you can get. Any manufacturers system is always 6-12 months behind as by the time new road data has been processed then written correctly something else would of changed.
The price manufacturers charge is baffling to me.

once ignored google maps it was an evening drive to a hotel for a next day early start.
as i pulled away from the house it suddenly swerved me from the m1 to the m62 to go across to stoke
probaly about 15 extra miles, cost me an extra 4 hours in the m1 tailbacks due to some tool wanting to jump off a bridge

I find that with Google maps sometimes it can give you a bizarre if you miss a junction or turning and makes the route longer.
Hopefully the guy wanting to jump off a bridge got the help he needed.

Back