Car Photography Locations near Cheshire

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been asked to take a couple of shots of a car that will be involved in a banger rally across Europe in a few weeks time.

Being mainly a portrait photographer, this will be something new - however I have an idea of taking the car (banger) on a long road, with the road disappearing off into the distance, ie as in a long journey.

So I'm after suitable locations in Cheshire that I could use - one place I though was the Cat and Fiddle road, but I'm not sure there are many places to pull over and park.

Any other ideas, or locations?

thanks

I do t know the area, but my usual technique is to use Google earth to find a few possible locations, then drive out to them & check them out, work out what light they would work in etc, before deciding on the one to use for the shot.

Your best bet is going to be a dual carriage way at a really early time in the morning but with an increase in CCTV, its going to be tricky. Depends on what kind of the style of photos they are after.

.... however I have an idea of taking the car (banger) on a long road, with the road disappearing off into the distance, ie as in a long journey.

So I'm after suitable locations in Cheshire that I could use - one place I though was the Cat and Fiddle road, but I'm not sure there are many places to pull over and park.

Any other ideas, or locations?

The "Cat and Fiddle" isn't a long straight road!! ;)

However, it might be worth looking at the A49 south west from Weaverham, and especially after it passes the A556 Traffic lights (Kelsall to Northwich road) down to the traffic lights at the A54 (Kelsall to Winsford road) . There's a layby there somewhere but can't place it exactly accurate.

Hope that helps.

It's not quite Cheshire but the B5500 Audley road in North staffs has several long straight sections.

The main problem with cheshire roads is that most of the quiet back roads are in such a god awful state you wouldn't want to photograph them!

try the roads that go north south and east west through Delamere Forest
pretty , good light and switch back so you can hide other stuff in the dips

look for "straight mile", in between wrexham and chester. Its dead straight - for what seems to be over a mile. Great shot could be made there (I'll be doing it myself when I get the scoob back from the garage after banging it up).

Back