car photos - this week in surrey

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I was about to say that the IT contract market seems a little quiet, but phone wont stop ringing... Anyways, not woking yet, so may have some free time this week (not Friday or weekend) and next week. And just wondering if anyone else is about and a bit bored during the day that would like to do some car photos. I also have a full car rig..............

Current car is a 2002 impreza, track ready:
NIK_2230800x600.jpg

However, on Friday, I am up north collecting my new car.... this little beastie :D
teaser1.jpg

So anyone with access to some nice locations (ideal location would be a race track :D, but not holding my breath) and some free time, let me know. Im based near Redhill in Surrey, but dont mind driving a bit :)

LOL - Hello Graham (that's my tvr ;) )

370Z? very nice

Hahaa :)

as above, GTR ;)

It's a GTR, not a 370Z.

No time to play photographer with it at the minute, but if you want it detailed Graham, I'm often at a workshop in Godstone ;)

Thats a shame...

Do you clean engine bays as well? The impreza needs the engine bay done...

Do you have a website, examples of work etc for the detailing? As I am looking for a good local detailer

First interview is on Monday afternoon, so will have a couple of days next week, if anyone is interested in meeting up...............................

Nice GTR! I'd be too busy hammering it around the country roads for a week or two before thinking about photoshoots!

sweet

lovely GTR! are you trying to organise a car photo meet then? i would be up for it. im around north/west london.

btw i recognise that car park in the subaru pic - haymarket studios?

Nice GTR! I'd be too busy hammering it around the country roads for a week or two before thinking about photoshoots!

lovely GTR! are you trying to organise a car photo meet then? i would be up for it. im around north/west london.

btw i recognise that car park in the subaru pic - haymarket studios?

Just trying to find a tog or 2 that is semi local to go out during the week for photos, ideally of the cars (rig shots, etc)

Yes it was there...

I'd certainly be interested - I am around west London /Heathrow area on Tuesday if you want to give me a shout please do so. I'm not driving anything high performance or exotic these days though but do have some rig equipment (just not the pole).

These were shot at Haymarket Studios by me....

5940245812_dfffd73f68_b.jpg

5893817979_4c70ceb9b6_b.jpg

Can only do this week for photos as I have been offered a contract of work starting on Monday.

Love the GTR - there's one that goes passed my house most days and he then nails it up the hill at the end of the road :love:. That, and the guy with the Maserati GT, make me very sad:crying:

Beautiful GTR, i used to own one two years ago... but decided to sell due to me having the modding bug... i now own a R34 gtr, but do miss the drive of the R35

IMG_2376Small.jpg

I agree mate... how you finding the GTR?

Also what year is the car if you dont mind me asking?

I agree mate... how you finding the GTR?

being run-in currently, which is a touch annoying as the car feels like its just starting to get going and you have to back-off or change gears :(

a few minor complaints
* silver plastic surrounding gear shift reflects a lot of light - annoying
* R gear beeps like a tesco delivery van - annoying
* exhaust heats up a lot and you can feel the heat between the seats - annoying in summer only

other than that, its absolutely brilliant! So easy to drive and even though its big, so easy to judge.

Just cannot wait till its run-in.... then I am very tempted to start the mods (ypipe, drop-in filters and cobb), which should be fun!

Also what year is the car if you dont mind me asking?

its a 2010 spec, but registered in 2011 :) 2011 car has very little different to justify the price difference. Gearbox software is currently being replicated by ecutek and cobb and stage 2 engine mods to both cars yield very similar figures (maybe 10-15bhp more to the 2011 spec).

Very very happy with my choice of cars :love:

well im not jealous at all :( lovely cars, one day i want to own the gtr.

Did have a 350z for 6 months and sold it as running 2 cars was getting silly now have a leon fr but my god do i miss it :(.

i have to say i dont think id be able to do the run in period :LOL: id be itching to get it opened up :LOL:.

you not thought about driving the length of the country just to get it run in :LOL:.

:)

Of course, I am very tempted!!! Got a lot of miles to do tomorrow and the weekend, so should get through a fair bit of it then

being run-in currently, which is a touch annoying as the car feels like its just starting to get going and you have to back-off or change gears :(

a few minor complaints
* silver plastic surrounding gear shift reflects a lot of light - annoying
* R gear beeps like a tesco delivery van - annoying
* exhaust heats up a lot and you can feel the heat between the seats - annoying in summer only

other than that, its absolutely brilliant! So easy to drive and even though its big, so easy to judge.

Just cannot wait till its run-in.... then I am very tempted to start the mods (ypipe, drop-in filters and cobb), which should be fun!

its a 2010 spec, but registered in 2011 :) 2011 car has very little different to justify the price difference. Gearbox software is currently being replicated by ecutek and cobb and stage 2 engine mods to both cars yield very similar figures (maybe 10-15bhp more to the 2011 spec).

Very very happy with my choice of cars :love:

Wait till its run in.... you'll live in the car. lol

THe GR6 transmission is know to a few to have an issue with solenoids sticking or a cir clip problem or usually transmission pressure unit but you only usually see these issues after sometime, but worth knowing about.

Also there is the "death rattle" which is the bearings in the bell housing, but with yours bein a 2009+ car, you should be fine.

Enjoy you motor mate, shes a beaut

Wait till its run in.... you'll live in the car. lol

THe GR6 transmission is know to a few to have an issue with solenoids sticking or a cir clip problem or usually transmission pressure unit but you only usually see these issues after sometime, but worth knowing about.

Also there is the "death rattle" which is the bearings in the bell housing, but with yours bein a 2009+ car, you should be fine.

Enjoy you motor mate, shes a beaut

Cheers (y) already love it!!!

I know about the cir clips, contemplating upgrading them if/when I change the ypipe and other stuff.

No rattles yet... some loud mechanical sounds on down gearing (low gears, slow speeds) will get them to sort when the optimization service is done.

defo worth upgrading the cir clips. The loud sound on low gears will be the syncro.. its knowen for it, but it shouldnt be to loud that its annoying.

AS for the exhaust heat, we had it wraped to lower the amount entering the cabin

defo worth upgrading the cir clips. The loud sound on low gears will be the syncro.. its knowen for it, but it shouldnt be to loud that its annoying.

AS for the exhaust heat, we had it wraped to lower the amount entering the cabin

Gear noise is not that bad, just a little loud now and then. It will be checked...

Also looking at the ypipe change as it moves the CATs which causes fricition and heat, but also looking at the heat wrapping.

Glad your loving the car.

I love that white R34 GTR. Despite knowing many skyline owners I've only ever been out in 1 R34 Skyline and I think it's probably one of the best R34's in the world. It's this one I went out in: http://speedhunters.com/archive/200...gt-top-secret-competizione-r-the-rebirth.aspx

TSCompR-003.jpg

To say it's fast is an understatement. It's a missile.

Looking forward to doing a photoshoot of it :).

Loving the R35, its a spectacular car (and not even fully run-in)!!!

First few mods are already scheduled for October once run-in is complete and first service done :)

Nice car above, very nice!! Got a few R35 owners in Surrey area that might be wanting to get together for a shoot... Red (mine), silver and blue.

Yuck! Who'd ever want a GTR?

:D

Looks stunning Graham. I'd love one, but unfortunately they're a fair bit out of my price range! I went out in an R34 a couple of months ago and fell in love with Skylines. One day I WILL own one.

I can only guess you're well passed the 1000 mile run in period now?

Sadly, no.... 1067 miles now. Car is booked in for the 12th for optimisation service. Looking to book in for additional parts at the beginning of October :)

Back