Card advise

Edit My Images
No
I got talking to an old hand at photography over the weekend, he gave me some advise, me being new to all this, he looked at my card and told me I may find I would get better results with a different one, but I can't remember the details, and there is little chance of my seeing him again, the card I got when I had the camera (Canon450D) is a SanDisk Ultra11 15mb/s 8GB...any one with any ideas?

Better results? like quality? no chance

You can get faster cards but the ultra 2 is ok. The 450D can take 53jpegs or 6 raw's in burst mode. So unless you want to take more than that in one go (at 3.5fps) then the card doesn't matter.
(though those shots need written to the card before you can take another 53/6 in a row, which is where the card comes in, but you'll need to be firing off a serious number before you have problems)

Where you might notice the difference when moving photos onto your computer, but again, that card is reasonable quick already. In my 450D i use class 6 transcend cards (16gb and 8gb) and they manage read speeds of around 15meg a second which is acceptable imo (think of it as 1 RAW or 3 jpeg's per second), extreme 3's will be a little quicker though.

Back