\card Reader Corrupted My CF Card

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if anyone has had this problem but copying files onto my laptop last night the reader has corrupted the CF card,tried it on my daoghters lappy just to confirm that it was not the laptop with another card and the same problem,in addition usuing the inbuilt SD reader with another card is fine .The cards are fine after I formatted them and thankfully I have lost nothing I cannot replicate

Have you tried to replicate the problem with other cards? it's probably not worth doing it mind you, just replace the card reader for peace of minds' sake.

some cardreaders wont access a hugh capacity card, if it
has read the card previously

try theses steps

1) can you see the images when you view them on the camera

2) have you tried a different card read

i Know this as i have one that wont read my cards and one that will

Cheers Steve

My Lexar multi-card reader killed a 2gb xD card. Did everything by the book including waiting for the light to go out and also disconnecting via the tray in Windows before removing the card, but after that it was utterly dead. Recovery software wouldn't see it, Windows said it was corrupt, and no attempt to format it would work. The camera refused it also and wouldn't format it.

Luckily I got the photos off before it died.

Sorry I could not reply earlier but I have been away,thanks for the advice I have tried everything but the only way to make the card usable was to format it so I guess I have lost all the shots

Even though you've formatted it you can still try recovery software.

Back