Card Reader recommendations. New one is already broken!

Edit My Images
Yes
So I bought a card reader from Park Cameras, waited a long time for delivery, and it is broken. I couldn't get my CF cards inside it and on closer inspection I realised one of the pins inside are bent.

I have a client tomorrow so I really need a new card reader for tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a sturdy reader that won't break and a website that has reliable delivery?

Thank you.

Have you not got a usb connection on the camera to download direct from camera to computer its safer that way. I never take the cf from my D300 any more:)

I've an Anker card reader from Amazon that's been reliable and fast, but generally I'm with Charles - CF cards aren't as robust as SD cards and I would generally tether the camera rather than repeatedly take cards in/out and risk damaging the pins. Get a large capacity CF card and treat it as a semi-permanent drive.

I think I asked the same question a couple of years ago, got the same response and bought the Lexar one. It hasn't let me down since.

Another vote for the Lexar USB3 2 slot (SD & CF). Especially if your computer has USB3 slots!

Could you tell me if this supports UHS-II SD cards since you own one? I don't want to restrict my Lexar 1000x and 1800x cards to only UHS-I speeds, and I can't seem to find a great deal of information about this. Thanks :)

Sorry, I don't know as I haven't got any UHS-II SD cards

Have had the Lexar dual slot, for a few years, without any issues. That is, until I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it can't see, the reader. Even though the usb ports are working fine and seeing other hd's, etc.

Wish there was one that took both CF and CFast........I have to cart 2 around!!

Another vote for the Lexar Dual (USB 3 version, working fine under Windows 10).

Another vote for the Lexar Dual (USB 3 version, working fine under Windows 10).

Mine previously worked, under my previous Windows 10 installation, but doesn't now :(

I've tried, on son's computer, which works fine. When changing, I updated motherboard and processor, so might be some compatibility issue, but haven't found any info on Gigabyte or Lexar website.

Just something to be careful off, if purchasing this memory reader, although you can always return if brought on line.

Ive never used a card reader, always just plug directly into the camera....

Why buy another widget thats not required ?

Ive never used a card reader, always just plug directly into the camera....

Why buy another widget thats not required ?
If you have a good card reader, it may well transfer your data significantly more quickly. And if you have multiple cards to process, the camera just becomes a clumsy card reader.

Have had the Lexar dual slot, for a few years, without any issues. That is, until I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it can't see, the reader. Even though the usb ports are working fine and seeing other hd's, etc.

Hope you get it sorted, John. Must be a local problem since my reader works on all my machines (including Win 7, 8.1 and 10 on USB2 and 3 slots.)

Hope you get it sorted, John. Must be a local problem since my reader works on all my machines (including Win 7, 8.1 and 10 on USB2 and 3 slots.)

Turned out, it wasn't Windows 10, it was the actual reader. Was working fine, in old build pc, but not working on new build pc. Had assumed, it was an issue with the Windows 10 config, but eventually decided to try on 2 other pc's and found out it didn't work :mad::(

Now using this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012PSAJDC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back