Cardiff Castle

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the first one Rob, I 'm just not into old interiors like that, but that second one is stunning in terms of capturing the detail.:clap: The third one is a nice abstract shot which works well with the straight lines going off in all directions.

A very creditable set, the 'kit lens' is obviously no slouch - the detail is very good (y)

Thanks for the responses.

The architect, William Burges, must take a lot of credit (and the Marquess of Bute's very deep pockets that paid for it all :))

Great set!
Really should visit myself as it's where I live:)
BTW the M of B gave us (the people) most of the open spaces in Cardiff and a lot more besides. If only modern money men were as philantropic.

Really should visit myself as it's where I live:)
BTW the M of B gave us (the people) most of the open spaces in Cardiff and a lot more besides. If only modern money men were as philantropic.

Confession time: I was a student at the Welsh School of Architecture in Cathays Park for five years at the end of the 80s and somehow never managed to find the money to go inside Cardiff Castle, so this week was the first time I'd seen it from the inside.

Got up to Castell Coch on more than one occasion, though, which is a magnificent jewel on a more intimate scale.

The Marquesses of Bute had a profound influence on Cardiff - it was the 2nd Marquess that (borrowed heavily and) built the docks that turned it into one of the great ports of Britain. I believe the 3rd Marquess was said at one point to be the richest man in the world.

Back