Cardiff event - where to park in June?

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
We decided to get tickets for the Rolling Stones in Cardiff and are now trying to figure out how to drive there as hotel prices for the night of the concert are mad. Normally, we would go to the park and ride at Cardiff East but know that we would have to book if they decided to open it later for the special event.

Does anybody have any tips that they can share?

http://www.llechwen.co.uk/book-online.php That hotel isn't far out of cardiff. Half hour or so. I was looking at it for an event this week but decided due to weather I'm not arsed enough about going. Worth checking what they'd be for that night.

Other than that I have no idea!

We decided to get tickets for the Rolling Stones in Cardiff and are now trying to figure out how to drive there as hotel prices for the night of the concert are mad. Normally, we would go to the park and ride at Cardiff East but know that we would have to book if they decided to open it later for the special event.

Does anybody have any tips that they can share?

The difficulty with Cardiff when there are events in the stadium is that a lot of the city is closed to traffic, your best bet if driving would be to park and ride in somewhere like Radyr or Taffs Well, both of which are convenient for the above link. They may also open the CCFC carpark (about a mile way) a and offer a park and ride.

Hope that helps but cant vouch for the trains though.

Last edited:
When we went to Cardiff for the Rugby we stayed in Newport and caught the train in. Was about £5 return and the hotel was half the price.

Have a look at Taffs Well Train Station. Its just down the road from me and only a 5-10 minute train journey into the centre. Or if you don't fancy leaving your car at the station, you can park at my house and walk to the station (1 mile).

Personally I always park in Cardiff bay and walk into the town centre, it's a bit of a walk but I find the town centre expensive to park and chaos with various roads closed. That said twhites offer above sounds very good, and you can probably blag a cuppa! ;)

Thank you for the advice and kind offer, Tim. I have been unwell - still coughing a lot - and will read them all again and figure it out. Thanks

We went to see Coldplay last year & just got the train direct. Open time tickets & about £26 for both of us iirc plus about £10 taxi from Temple Meads to home.

Have a look at Taffs Well Train Station. Its just down the road from me and only a 5-10 minute train journey into the centre. Or if you don't fancy leaving your car at the station, you can park at my house and walk to the station (1 mile).
One thing I'd say about the valley lines trains - they aren't very big. If they are running a two coach service, it's been known that when full, you might not get on. Have witnessed people myself not being able to board as the trains were too full. It does of course depend on time of day, but it might be good to ensure you take the train before the one that's needed to ensure you get there on time :)

Hi there. - so, we have booked a car park in Cardiff - again thanks for the kind offer made in March; my knee wouldn’t do the walk at the moment. How early do people think we should head to Cardiff for the concert. I think the car park opens at 4pm. It is in Curran Road CF10 5NE.

Thanks.

As you're parking towards Cardiff Bay I would suggest taking the following route, this will allow you to avoid getting through the City Centre and the majority of the congestion;
https://tinyurl.com/yc5g8vnk

If you do take this route, it should be pretty much clear all the way, then take the slip road before you get to Cardiff Bay tunnels;
https://tinyurl.com/y9n7w5x7

I would aim to be at the car park for 16:00 if the gates open at 17:00, at Cardiff Bay there a council parking bays where the first hour is free, so you could park up and grab a coffee (but you need to enter your reg details in the machines to ensure you have a ticket);
https://tinyurl.com/y7ttcs37

Hi there. - so, we have booked a car park in Cardiff - again thanks for the kind offer made in March; my knee wouldn’t do the walk at the moment. How early do people think we should head to Cardiff for the concert. I think the car park opens at 4pm. It is in Curran Road CF10 5NE.

Thanks.

Coming from Herefs, you would be wiser to use the train park and ride service from (as previously mentioned) Taffs Well, Radyr,Fairwater or Llandaff, but getting out of the stadium to the train afterwards will be a whole different experience. Maybe look at parking at Sophia gardens carpark, its about 500m from the stadium.

Sophia Gardens, I’d have chosen. Probably gets busy for stadium events!

Back