Cardiff Millenium Centre

• Thread starter Deleted member 49549
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49549

Hi all, here's one i took a while ago but never posted here.

20110804-Untitled-1%20flat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
a novelty shot(s) for me i am afraid...but i bet this looks good on a long wall blown up
think you need to use manual for these and go for the highlights for exposure then overlapping areas may be closer in exposure values
cheers
geof

Hi Geof, i deliberately kept the camera on aperture priority to get some difference in the exposures. But on looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes there are some places where the exposure isn't quite right and the 'tiling' could be a little cleaner.

Hi Geof, i deliberately kept the camera on aperture priority to get some difference in the exposures. But on looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes there are some places where the exposure isn't quite right and the 'tiling' could be a little cleaner.

Looks good.
As you say, think consistent exposure would be better.

I quite like this actually. It looks like a collage of shots taken by different people. I wonder how it would look with a thin border around each photo just to emphasise each different exposure?

If all the exposures were the same it would be just another panoramic shot I think

You've done a good job on this but unfortunately much akin to the way some see selective colouring this is one of those type of things that I just don't like and this hasn't changed my opinion :shrug: looks like a great location though (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Love it, I wanna try something like this now :)

one doesnt need to be in cardiff...just do one of your home town centre
i would try one as well if the sun came out
cheers
geof

one doesnt need to be in cardiff...just do one of your home town centre
i would try one as well if the sun came out
cheers
geof

erm...having thrown in a spanner...how do i start one of these...
any special way to make them join:puke:

Looks really cool! May I ask, I guess you used Photoshop to put it all togather, how did you do it? Thanks.

Looks really cool! May I ask, I guess you used Photoshop to put it all togather, how did you do it? Thanks.

Hi Max, i resized all the images to (i think) a quarter of their original size. I then opened in photoshop and dragged them roughly aligned. I didnt use a tripod, so the alignment in some areas is a little rough, but that was the intention.

erm...having thrown in a spanner...how do i start one of these...
any special way to make them join:puke:

The only advice i would give would be to resize the pictures before opening in photoshop, otherwise my computer would have melted! Looking more closely i would have liked the bottom middle edge to be smoother, and the man whose feet you can see in the centre left to either be complete or completely missing.

Back