Cardiff

Matt.

Judge Dredd
Edit My Images
Yes
I had an interview with a design agency in Cardiff a few weeks ago and am 90% sure i'll be offered the position. However, if i'm honest i don't know that much about Cardiff.

I was planning on a move to Bristol, but i've struggled to find a position that i really want so that's not happening now. I currently live in the depths of Dorset, and whilst this is a really great place, it's not a place for someone in their early 20's!

What i'd really like to know is, whether you'd say a move to Cardiff would be a good one, and where abouts in Cardiff are the best areas to live?

Thanks

Cardiff Bay has developed nicely for your age group with plenty of bars and restaurents.I have family in Dorset (Abbotsbury/Portesham area) and I envy them,so cannot understand your wish to move to a city in any part of the country.

Cardiff Bay has developed nicely for your age group with plenty of bars and restaurents.I have family in Dorset (Abbotsbury/Portesham area) and I envy them,so cannot understand your wish to move to a city in any part of the country.

Dorset is great, but it's remote and for someone my age there's not a lot to do, and there aren't many people my age. In my home town the majority of people are either posh school kids, or retired! It's also 1hr+ to a small city, which even for shopping is a pain.

I'd love to come back when i'm older though, and it would be perfect if i had a family :)

Well i've been offered a job at the largest digital agency in Wales(!) :LOL: So where in Cardiff is best to live? I'm not living in a student infested area, and have high standards!

Where are the best places to live? :)
I might just go and look at a small flat in the bay as there are hundreds of those to rent!

Stacks of places on the bay to rent, good place top start living as well. I live in Canton/Pontcanna, so the Taff side of town, 15 walk into the centre.
Cardiff is a town about to take off... Masses of development and change over the enxt few years..Good time to come to Gods Country.

Few pints of Brains and you'll be fluent in Wlesh !

I've been and had a look at a few places now and i'm CONFUSED! :(

It's really down to Celestia in the bay, or Altolusso in the centre and i can't decide!

Celestia:
+ Water views
+ Much better kitchen
+ Furnished
- Smaller
- Further to work (would maybe take the train?)
- More expensive

Altolusso:
+ Bigger
+ Cheaper
+ 12th floor
+ Brighter
+ More interesting building
+ 5mins to walk to work
- Crap kitchen (think mfi cabinets!)
- Unfurnished
- Next door to a major train line (though i dont know how bad the noise would really be on the 12th floor?, it seemed fine during the viewing, but the windows were closed)
- No water views

It's a good job this isn't a management position i'm taking up as i'm terrible with decisions :eek:

Back