Beginner cards

Name
geoff
Edit My Images
No
hi, i have just been given a canon 5d mk 111. would a cf card be best for photos and video. or would it be best to use both cf and sd. regards geoff.

hi, i have just been given a canon 5d mk 111. would a cf card be best for photos and video. or would it be best to use both cf and sd. regards geoff.

It's up to you. Either way are good. Some photographers tend to use both so that the photos would be saved to both cards at the same time, one card to be used, the other acting as a back up.

wish someone would give me a 5d mkiii!

CF & SD is the ultimate best as you always have a back up if one of the cards failed.

AIUI shotting to SD, even a fast one, will slow the camera down if shooting fast and filling the buffer. A fast CF card alone will facilitate faster continuous shooting. If you're not machine gunning fast action then use one or both as you prefer.

Is it possible to store JPEG on one card and RAW on the other? And yeah, I too would be quite happy for someone to give me a 5DIII.

Hi Geoff

I tend to use either Sandisk or Lexar cards and have been very pleased with them, so I happily recommend them...

Back