Caribbean sunset timelapse

I really liked that. Nice looking images.

My only crit would be that the movement annoyed me a little. At times I wasn't sure if it was moving, then other times it was moving quicker. I think a nice subtle pan would look nice, at times the horizon seemed to be moving.

I'm sure this can be fixed in post though.

I really liked that. Nice looking images.

My only crit would be that the movement annoyed me a little. At times I wasn't sure if it was moving, then other times it was moving quicker. I think a nice subtle pan would look nice, at times the horizon seemed to be moving.

I'm sure this can be fixed in post though.

Thanks for the feedback and yes you're right - very easily fixed in post :)

Happy I got the images right though, it was pretty tense doing it for 3hrs and then using one of those hours to constantly check and change my settings. Very good to do though, now I know how to make the subsequent ones better too :)

Looking forward to getting the rest of the project done!

Its pretty nice but a few crits, movement needs to be one direction and smooth (currently its jumping all over the place), you need to smooth out the exposures as there is still a lot of flickering (something like LRTimelapse will sort that) and finally it would be better about 10-20 seconds long at the moment it is far to long for me. Other than that great attempt at an extremely tricky technique

Its pretty nice but a few crits, movement needs to be one direction and smooth (currently its jumping all over the place), you need to smooth out the exposures as there is still a lot of flickering (something like LRTimelapse will sort that) and finally it would be better about 10-20 seconds long at the moment it is far to long for me. Other than that great attempt at an extremely tricky technique

Cheers mate and agree with everything.

I haven't done any serious PP yet since I'm still enjoying my holiday, just wanted to demonstrate something for my efforts lol - I'll be keeping the footage and editing it in due time.

Thanks again, especially for the tip on LR timelapse :)

I've never delved into video but watching that made me want to, love it, so beautiful.

Cheers guys.

It's not perfect, still needs some PP, I feel if I spent a couple of hours on it in LR and then moved on into premiere pro I could have it looking much better... which I will.

Incidentally...

Does anybody know of a way I can transition PP in LR for my timelapse? For example...

I mucked up a bit of the exposure which I corrected but every 2 images I went -10 on the EV until I hit -2 stops then came back up in the same increments. It worked well but took a while. I'm just thinking if I make a change in a few sliders like WB, EV, contrast, saturation etc this would take me a long time.

Any way I can make some kind of automatic transition between two changes / images?

Phil Young said:
Cheers guys.

It's not perfect, still needs some PP, I feel if I spent a couple of hours on it in LR and then moved on into premiere pro I could have it looking much better... which I will.

Incidentally...

Does anybody know of a way I can transition PP in LR for my timelapse? For example...

I mucked up a bit of the exposure which I corrected but every 2 images I went -10 on the EV until I hit -2 stops then came back up in the same increments. It worked well but took a while. I'm just thinking if I make a change in a few sliders like WB, EV, contrast, saturation etc this would take me a long time.

Any way I can make some kind of automatic transition between two changes / images?

LRTimelapse or similar software will do that for you by automatically ramping exposure values

Back