Carlisle and Brighton toward the middle to the end of October.

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I will be staying in Carlisle and Brighton toward the middle to the end of October.
Now this may sound strange but I lived in Carlisle for 14 years when I was working but never really took in the surroundings as far as photography goes as to much work no time for much else. In the middle of October will be back there for a week but without transport so anyone suggest either walking or bus options to somewhere there maybe Autumn colour?
Even stranger is the fact I was born in Brighton but not been back for some time so really the same question as above but only have three days there.
Also does anyone no if there are any problems photographing inside St Peters church in Brighton?
Many Thanks
Russ

Jump on the bus out of Carlisle and get into Keswick! Much nicer surroundings for a photo wander. You could also get a bus to Silloth, and take some photos by the sea. The castle is always one option in Carlisle. Brighton, I don't really know, obviously there's the pier, but apart from that I haven't a clue.

Last time I was in St Peters church you could take photos.

Don't forget you also have the Royal Pavilion and the Dome in Brighton

How long ago were you last in Brighton? Where will you be staying?

you have the Pavilion, Dome and Corn Exchange together then over the road to The Lanes for some street photography.
Volks railway from pier to the marina (although may have stopped running by then)
Colourful beach huts along towards Hove
Bus out to Stanmer Park for the house and autumn colour
Preston Park and rockery opposite for some more colour also the gardens between St Peters and the seafront although not sure what they will be like by then.
There is a big observation wheel by the pier which may give some panoramic views, depending on the weather
St Nicholas church just up the hill from Churchill Square shops

Back