Carlisle Great Fair - 1st Leica M8 set.

Name
Douglas
Edit My Images
Yes
These are some pics I took with the Leica M8 and Summicron 50mm f2, on it's first day out.

frank.jpg

alasdair.jpg

melodeon.jpg

angelaandgeorgia.jpg

jester.jpg

I'd say the camera was a keeper :)

At first glance I thought the woman on the left in #4 had lips moving so fast they were blurred... then I realised I was seeing a hand in the background :)

Nice shots, hope the new bag serves you well. Thanks very much for the filters very useful to protect my lenes :)

Will

Nice shots, hope the new bag serves you well. Thanks very much for the filters very useful to protect my lenes :)

Will

I've found some more Lowepro dividers - I'll drop them off for you:D

:LOL: That's what I thought too

That 1st shot is excellent Doug, all are good but the 1st is spot on imo. Looks like you & your new toy are getting along just fine, looking forward to more (y)

Hi Mike,

Thanks. It's taking a while to get used to the RF system. Strangely, the RF is not as bright as that on my M6, so it requires quite a bit of concentration (and good eyesight) to get the frames to match, at least with the 50mm - it won't be such a problem with anything wider.

It's a whole new experience, and I'm finding that I'm making a shot, and then chimping at high mag to make sure that the focus is spot on. I've just bought a couple of wides, 35mm f1.5 and 15mm f3.0, so focus will be less of a problem, ie, anything more than 5' away will be in focus, so I don't even need to worry about hyperfocal distance:LOL:

Doug

Back