Carmarthen cameras

Yes, I bought a Fuji XF16mm from them in the Black Friday Cashback deal.

They were showing only one available on their website, so I rang to check, kind gentleman went and searched the store cupboard, and rang me back to say that it did indeed exist, I ordered, less than 24 hours later it was on my desk.

Excellent service.

I bought a Sigma 35mm 1.4 from them a few years back, it had only just been released, and they only had 2 in stock. After some testing I discovered that mine was back focusing on the D800, pretty badly. I called them to arrange a return for another copy. They hummed and hawed a bit tbh, saying they only had the one left and suggested I get on to Sigma about my issue with the lens .... eh, come again?? I had to get a little feisty and demanding, pointing out I bought from them, not Sigma and that other copy they have is now mine, I'm sending this one back as it's a dud. They begrudgingly agreed to send on the other lens. I had to pay return postage from Ireland. I never bought from them again.

Carmarthen Cameras are fairly local to me. I, and several others from our camera club, have bought new kit from them. Some of their offers for trade ins are a bit low in my view but if you're buying outright then that's not an issue. Of course you only find out how good any dealer is when you have a problem. On that point I cannot comment.

I'm 30 minutes drive from them. Any problems i will go round with the heavies and sort them for you.... ( for a fee )

I've bought a 35mm canon lens from them a little wile ago, been in there a good few times for a nose around. Never had any problems and as somebody already said they've been going for ages.

I'm 30 minutes drive from them. Any problems i will go round with the heavies and sort them for you.... ( for a fee )
I'm about the same but my 6 foot 6inch son lives around the corner from the shop, and the others son is here, plus I've got smelly feet so they wont want us all popping over to say hello if theres a problem... for part of the above mentioned fee of course.... ;)

I bought a few things from them in store about 5 years ago. When I needed a receipt for warrant purposes, I gave them a call they emailed me the receipt within an hour.

Seemed to be pretty efficient and helpful.

Just my experience.

They cleaned the sensor on my 5D MKII for me a few years back. When I checked it by taking some new photos there was still dust on the sensor. They begrudgingly cleaned it again for free. It was fine second time around.

Back