Carnaval de Limoux, France

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Having just seen helloUK's photo of the Carnaval de Limoux, I thought I would post this one, pleanty more to come though :p

Thanks for looking.

20120130_Le%20Point%20Vieux_2255.jpg

Thanks Matthew.

I have taken thousands of photos in the convectional style, and seen many in that style, this stood out to me because it was different, for me.

Thanks (y)

Steve

For me, it has no context and is too tightly cropped. Also have to agree with Matt on the FP, it confuses the photo and fails to show the detail of the eye make up (which is clearly there but not visible on the in focus eye due to it being oblique) The sequin catching the light that is right on the edge of the frame is also very contrasting / distracting.

I'd be interested to see more without such an invasive watermark.

Thanks guy's, I can see exactly where you are coming from, it is one of the oldest and is the longest running Carnival in the world, thousands of photographers, press, and TV channels attend every year, in the mist of this, hundreds of tourists, family, friends taking photos/videos, - 4C, thousands of photos of the same thing, I just thought I would offer something a little different.

I like it, sometimes you get sick & tired of the 'norm' ... Photography is all about being creative after all & why be a sheep when you can be a shepherd ;) ... Look forward to seeing more!

I think this is really good. This isn't your average subject so I think discarding the rule book is almost a must...

I would like to see some more...

Ian

I like it, sometimes you get sick & tired of the 'norm' ... Photography is all about being creative after all & why be a sheep when you can be a shepherd ;) ... Look forward to seeing more!

Refreshing to read this George ;)

More soon.

I think this is really good. This isn't your average subject so I think discarding the rule book is almost a must...

I would like to see some more...

Ian

Thanks Ian ;)

I will post some more tomorrow, it's getting late here now and the Red is starting to flow :puke:

'tis weird but none the less it is still interesting.

Now that one (2nd) I DO like, a lot!

Thanks David (y)

I have printed that one out 75X50 if I remember rightly, on Bamboo matt fine art paper, it is hanging in an art gallery in Limoux, she wants to exhibit more of my stuff :)

Hi Steve,

Every credit for trying something different with #1, I just feel it doesn't quite work in this instance as there's not enough of the eye on show for me(still like it though!)

I also like #2, it has great contrast in colours but to be picky it would be nice if the black ruffles covered slightly less of the face

(y) had a peek through your flickr sets, some cracking images on there (y)

Hi Steve,

Every credit for trying something different with #1, I just feel it doesn't quite work in this instance as there's not enough of the eye on show for me(still like it though!)

I also like #2, it has great contrast in colours but to be picky it would be nice if the black ruffles covered slightly less of the face

(y) had a peek through your flickr sets, some cracking images on there (y)

Thanks for the feed back Paul, and thanks for Flickr (y)

It really is quite difficult to get decent shots as mentioned above :bang: but really good fun to shoot (y)

Thanks again.

Steve

Back