Case for Canon 500 f4

BMD

Name
Bruce
Edit My Images
No
Guys,

I’m looking for suggestions for a suitable case for my Canon 500.

I cannot be bothered using the hard case it came with, good as it, due to its bulk and general awkwardness so am looking either for a bag or a purpose built lens case.

The net is loaded with gear and there is just too much choice so I’d appreciate any personal recommendations you might have.

Hi Bruce,

I use a Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW backpack.

Mine is a version II lens and with its lens hood reversed and my Canon 2x III mounted it's a nice snug fit.

All my soft cases are Lowepro and I could not recommend them any higher. There are plenty videos online to show you this bag.

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/lowepro-protactic-450-aw-backpack-1559850/

I hope this helps.

I used a think tank glass limo when I had one. Sold my lens about a month or so ago when I heard that it was no longer being supported by Canon.

If you're just looking for a case to keep it then those already suggested. If you want to carry it and any other kit then something like a Think Tank Airport Accelerator

For my mkii, I use the lowepro 500 AW flipside.

Fits nicely with lens hood reversed along with 2 bodies and my teleconvertor in a hard case.

Can take a picture if you want to have a look.

For my mkii, I use the lowepro 500 AW flipside.

Fits nicely with lens hood reversed along with 2 bodies and my teleconvertor in a hard case.

Can take a picture if you want to have a look.

That would be handy, thanks

Sorry about the quality, taken on my phone and the battery is dying so the flash wouldn't work.

Tried uploading directly to site but image is too large to process, so here is the link to my Flickr which is the only way I could do it in a hurry.

https://flic.kr/p/216c34i

As "Gramps" said the LowePro Lens Trekker 600 AW is a great pack for Canon 500/600/800 mm lenses. I have had my Mk1 for quite a while and the only fault that I can find is that there is nowhere to store my Thermos full of tea! However I have a side pack from mt LowePro Super Trekker that attaches to the 600 AW so I am sorted!

The later models sport larger rear pouches/pockets which are handy but all of them allow you to carry large lenses in comfort. Had mine for around 8 years and can find no reason to replace it!

I had a "Think Tank" pack in the past and it was well made but not comfortable, newer models may be better?

Last edited:
Back