Critique Cassidy & Ollie

I love Cassidy's pic and all the colours! Although some might find it to be a distraction, I find it adds to the 'chirpiness' of the photo.
I'm afraid the first doesn't work for me. Just seems a bit flat to me. Just my opinion though. Don't think there's anything you can do about that at this point.

Thanks for commenting :)

Bethy, I'd like to know a bit more why you think it's flat? Is it the black background, the skin tones, boring clothing, bad lighting, etc.?

Thanks for commenting :)

Bethy, I'd like to know a bit more why you think it's flat? Is it the black background, the skin tones, boring clothing, bad lighting, etc.?

I suppose what I mean was there doesn't seem to be enough dimension to it... I can't nail it down to one thing in particular, perhaps it's the black background that's giving me that feeling...? Sorry, I should have explained that in my original post. My bad. :)
Don't get me wrong, it's a great shot... but personally, for me, it doesn't do anything for me, comparatively speaking against the second shot.

Hi Graham, i also prefer the second one and like the bright colours and cute look on the child's face whereas in the first shot the pose looks a bit awkward and i'm not sure if hes going to cry or laugh.

Thanks Bethy and John.

Interestingly, the parents both chose that one as their favourite :confused: although I wouldn't have chosen that one specifically. That's why I'm keen to hear what you guys think. They said it most represents how he is (smiling and laughing).

Love love LOVE the third one again! I think it's the colours for me that are ticking the boxes...

Back