CASTING HEADSHOT (Skin tone help)

Name
Jamie Smith
Edit My Images
Yes
5873792158_fc901d2e0f_b.jpg

Hey guys... I had some trouble with his freckles and getting the skin tone right... what do you think? I think its ok :) Feel free to re-edit :)

Jamie

If you removed freckles then it's not all right - not as a casting head shot anyway!

If you removed freckles then it's not all right - not as a casting head shot anyway!

I didn't, but converting using RGB was hard to keep them, and i feel you can still see them enough?

I was more worried about the skin tone/ shade and highlights....

As long as it looks normal!

it looks normal - if that's how he looks in real life - that'll be absolutely fine. :)

it looks normal - if that's how he looks in real life - that'll be absolutely fine. :)

Thankyou very much! :)

Could you check out my web
site and see what you think too? :) In my sig!

It looks to me like maybe you've pushed one of the colour channels a little too much, it has a slightly ghostly look. Though obviously I'm saying that without seeing the original, so I'm only guessing.

Post the original and we will be able to tell you if you went to far..

5873757631_872da2bc27_b.jpg

ORIGINAL

Did a quick re-edit from the original, see what you think.

The only difference I made was did a levels adjustment to bring in a bit more contrast, reduced the saturation slightly to even the skintones and then added a B&W layer, before finally correcting with a brightness / contrast layer.

5874373760_b4be8778c7_b.jpg

TPeditBW1.jpg

conversion in PS using calculations.

I did do this but thought he ended up looking a little 'skin damaged poster',

If you get what I'm saying! Thanks though!

Back