Castle Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
No
Hello people, well here are some of a Wedding I did last weekend. (unpaid might I add! I really am throwing myself to the lions aren't I?!!). It was my third Wedding and I took on board all the crit that I received on here from the last pictures I posted. I really hope you can see an improvement in my pictures. I took great care to ensure I didn't blow the dress. I had about 45 minutes to get all of the photos as it was very drizzly and bless the little bridesmaids were cold. But I think I am getting there.. please all thoughts and crit appreciated.
1)

0005 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr
2)

0007 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr
3)

0008 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr
4)

0009 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr
5)

0096 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr
6)

0112 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr

I mostly struggled with the doorway shot as they were leaving the ceremony. and then the light was tricky on posing them from the other side. I think the grooms face is too shadowed.

Last edited:
I will try and offer some general comments.

Your cropping needs to be either, wider or tighter. Try and build some story into your shots, but shooting wider, you set the scene more. If you want to really draw the eye in, get tighter.

Ask the bride to carry her flowers lower, or to the side. In 8 they are to distracting and in 12 they are hiding a nice dress. On the hip looks good.

In number 2 the colours are way off.

In 5, just ask the bride to turn towards the other girls.

The shot of the shoes angle doesnt work for me, try and move round, so the big black area does not dominate the shot.

This is being critical hope its not to much, its not a bad set. Keep at it.

I like the photos, really like the composition of all the dresses hanging and the shoes on the window sill .....good idea

thank you for the comments, I will just say that there is a fab story in the whole set, I just thought I'd offer just a few on here for general crit. I agree, my cropping in or out really needs sorting. great tip about the flowers on the hip. I did ask the bridesmaids to carry theirs a bit lower but I suppose you just need to keep reminding everyone. Number 2 - I was worried about that, there were many lamps and spotlights in the room which I couldn't switch off because of the number of people getting ready, I wonder if I could do some more processing on that? I did shoot in RAW this time which made a massive difference. thanks andy, good advice.

thank you John, I was really trying to do something a bit different in a very tight space! It took me ages to tidy the whole area and set this up too! along with the added 'to let' signs in the buildings opposite. estate agents were not on my friends list that day!

No 2 is an easy fix if you have the RAW file :) Even the Jpeg fixes up with a simple autocolour in Photoshop, add a little S curve for contrast and it pops great.

great. I love that word 'pop'! I will go and try that. I have another that was really yellowy. maybe I can save that too.

old one

0007 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr

new one

00007 by Skylark2K12, on Flickr

I have just had a quick go, I don't usually use auto colour as quite often it seems a bit drastic. But in this case it seems to have done the trick..although I am not sure if I have gone too far with the dress?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back