Castlerigg Stone Circle

Edit My Images
Yes
An early morning shot of Castlerigg.
Converted to mono and some noise added for effect.
The foreground is deliberately dark to hold the mood of this early hour.

Your thoughts ?

Castlerigg.jpg

Cameron

My thoughts are ' One of these days he just HAS to post a crap shot' ;)

Superb atmospheric moody shot. Im guessing you took some closer to the circle for larger foreground stones. I'd like to see some if you did. :)

CT said:
My thoughts are ' One of these days he just HAS to post a crap shot' ;)

It would be kinda nice to see some of the rejects though to give some of us a bit of hope ;)

Wait a bit while I set up a macro to type out "Another great shot" :)

Wonderful shot mate, love the mist, the B/W and noise certainly add to the atmosphere.

Actually this 2nd shot should be in Photo Sharing but being as it's my fault for asking you to post it, I wont move it unless I get a memo from HQ. :whistling

I like it, but I've seen the other one first. :)

dod said:
It would be kinda nice to see some of the rejects though to give some of us a bit of hope ;)

Wait a bit while I set up a macro to type out "Another great shot" :)

Dod, we all take crap/reject shots, we just don't post them.

By way of example, I took a series of shots from inside the stone circle for a flat panorama of castlerigg from the inside. After processing and stitching around 20 shots I ended up with a prehistoric, rollercoaster piece of sh--e. Forgive the northern vernacular for sh-t.
If you like and if I can find it I will post it for ridicule.
If I have already deleted it then forget it, I will not stitch it again, even for a fellow Scot. :flipoff:

Cameron

thats another great shot, i really like the feel of it, as well as the processing...well done

The first shot is very moody - I like it a lot and there's not much else I can add over and above the the other guys have said. The second is also very good but I can't help thinking that if the focus was on the middle stone, leaving the closer one slightly OOF, it might have given a bit more depth and intrigue.

Adrian said:
The second is also very good but I can't help thinking that if the focus was on the middle stone, leaving the closer one slightly OOF, it might have given a bit more depth and intrigue.

I think you're probably right, Adrian.
The front stone does bother me a bit.
I'll take another look at the other shots and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,
Cameron

Back