Castles and Bridges at Night!

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, more from my local haunt! I revisted Blackness Castle this evening, this time with my tripod :D

And on way home, stopped and had my tea with a lovely view of the bridges!

C & C welcome :)

1:
The same compisition as last time more or less, I took others but this still works best I think. Last one from here for a while I think!
2943048110_8b98d4f0b7_o.jpg

2:
You can get away with an overnight here, fantastic place
2943079174_bd3208897d_o.jpg

3:
Sludge! :D
2943095084_ff93b142ff_o.jpg

4:
Looses impact, and has a drab sky I feel
2943111698_77f7098a1f_o.jpg

Thanks guys!

Gary.

Very tasty, Gary. The foreground flash really gives an extra dimension. #3 followed by #1 are my faves

Very tasty, Gary. The foreground flash really gives an extra dimension. #3 followed by #1 are my faves

Hi Bazzer,

Glad you like, the green is vivid, and I can see the "flash" thought. It is in fact though, a very long exposure on the foreground instead of flash, 5 minutes +. The bridge and sky, a much shorter exposure. Tripod was used to allow the two exposures of the same scene to be blended.

Gary.

Every shot you ever take, no matter what of, is just inspiring.
Have always loved your work Gary. And I think I always will.
Great stuff!

Comment of the day :D Thanks mate, you are too kind.

Gary.

Excellent set Gary. #3 closely followed by #1. (y)

would have been great with stars in the sky, but for once your work came first!

Michael

I really like all of these Gary, particularly No 1 withn the stunning sky.

I am also really jealous of your van. Good photographer and a van like that. Life ain't fair :baby:

Chris

I really like all of these Gary, particularly No 1 withn the stunning sky.

I am also really jealous of your van. Good photographer and a van like that. Life ain't fair :baby:

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Glad you like them. The van probably a stupid purchase considering the current climate...tiime will tell :)

Gary.

You're loving the night photography at the moment aren't you dude! :D

They all look good, love the first.

Hooked, its good to get a result which is impossible to see with the human eye so to speak.

Gary.

Another good set Gary. :clap: The composition of No.1 and the superb sky make it the winner for me.(y)

As commented on your flickr, great set :)

2: is probs my fav of the set though (y)

How many miles you clocked on that now? :LOL:

Tony

Very nice set, Great shots one and all but I think number one has great colours and comp... But for me I think number 3 pip's it at the post great image...

However I would have moaned at the bloke for parking that camper in the way of you shot mate....

I hope you let the tyre's down....

Nice set mate..

Nigel

Very nice set, Great shots one and all but I think number one has great colours and comp... But for me I think number 3 pip's it at the post great image...

However I would have moaned at the bloke for parking that camper in the way of you shot mate....

I hope you let the tyre's down....

Nice set mate..

Nigel

Oi you, that be a dam fine van :D

Thanks for looking mate,

Gary.

Excellent work Gary :D

I've not tried night/low light shots yet but how on earth do you meter for something like the first shot (Trial and Error ??)

Back