Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

there are some really nice cat pics in this thread. we've got 4 of the blighters!

sophie -
sohie_cat_by_richardfrost-d3jqpu7.jpg

charlie -
upside_down_charlie_cat_by_richardfrost-d3caj90.jpg

This is Vikki. Se is supposed to be an indoor cat but loves to be outside getting bits in her fur then expects me to brush them out.

aaIMG_8840 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Just trying out my new lens much to her disgust as she is convince she can see a mouse in the flower bed

IMG_2898 by Yeksel, on Flickr

This is our Robbie (AKA Biggus)

DSC00830.jpg

And our youngest - Mitch (aka Minimus)

DSC00736.jpg

This one was taken of Robbie on a normal point n click a few yrs ago, but has to be one of our faves!

010.jpg

This is my little munchkin, Lola

I was a little curious to see if the pretty lady in your avatar was on your flickr, but stopped when I saw this cutee

6120351679_f671a43672_z.jpg

Love It!

My sons 2 bengals.. so I am like grandad then? :)

indoorcats_1.jpg

indoorcats_2.jpg

indoorcats_3.jpg

indoorcats_4.jpg

Just a little update... and a sad one....

Since making this thread, its caught lives of so many and the love of everyones house hold friend...

I'm now at the other end of the scales... coming to terms with my Cat about to pass away :(

he's my first Cat, I've had him over half my life and he is now 16 years old, was born on my birthday... I feel I have such a special bond and it hurts me soo much to see him like he is.

its now curled up, head back, out of it, doesn't recognise anyone, he was very disorientated leading up to this, and even fell down the stairs :(

all the family are here, and we'd rather him at home and pass in his sleep tonight than take him to the vets, if he is still away tomorrow we will most likely take him there.

I don't think he'll make the night. :crying:

I've come to terms with him going, but when that time does come... my heart will take a bit hit, as I'm sure many of you will already know.

I've attached a last image of Jaffa he'd like to be known off.

jaffacake.jpg

So sorry to read this.

We've lost 3 of our cats over the last year or so - the latest (Murphy) just a month or so ago.

It's a terrible thing to see and I know exactly how you feel right now.

Here's hoping he's as comfortable as possible - sending you and Jaffa some healing vibes XXX

Last edited:
Night night Jaffa sweet mousey dreams.

I Know how you feel, total devastation when my Mr Tidds passed away last Feb.

You have done your best in comfort and caring and loving, and being with him. So sad for you just now though. Huggs for you

Thank you Phil, Lesley and Tina

for all the kind and supportive comments.
Jaffa Cake passed away this morning, I knew he would and could feel it in my heart.

he was walking about a little bit last night, he could still hear his name but he wasnt himself, I managed to get a few hugs in and kisses, I could see it in his eyes his thoughts last night. he had a few last bits of food and water before he went.

he will be ever ever so missed and home will never be the same again.

he was a house cat and was so loved between the family, it hurts to think about all the good memories as knowing I'll never hear his jingle, let him lick the petit filous pots out, nibble on his ears and kiss his chubby cheeks.

he had a very special bond with me, and he was like a little brother (even though he was the boss of me! like most younger brothers are) he will be forever missed.

I'm thankful I had him for so long and have so many good memories with him x

jaffacake1.jpg

Sorry to hear this.

It was obviously his time and hopefully you can take some comfort from the fact that he passed away quietly within the comfort of his own home.

When we loose pets I'm always reminded of that saying - Grief is the price we pay for love'.

In time you'll just have the happy memories.

Run free Jaffa.

Brought a tear to my eye, rest in piece Jaffa Cake - say meow to my 'little man Tribal' if you pass him near the catnip.

.DAVID.

Last edited:
Thank you Phil for checking in.

reading everyone's comments has helped and such a nice thing to see.

I knew it was his time when I saw him last night, he had that look in his eye.
it was so sad when we took his collar off him and heard his jingle :(

me and my brother did his box of memories and we buried him in the garden in a box as he (like most cats) loved being in boxes.

here's his box.
we wrapped him up in his blanket.

jaffacakefinal.jpg

its so sad, I dunno what to do with myself at home now and it will never be the same.

Thanks for the support Mike and David.

me and my brother did his box of memories and we buried him in the garden in a box as he (like most cats) loved being in boxes.

here's his box.
we wrapped him up in his blanket.

Thanks for the support Mike and David.

A lovely touch (y)

Just reading this looking at my 11 year old ThomasCat laid on my bed. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I lost him. You have my sympathies :(

That box is a very lovely, personal and fitting place for a lovely cat. :hug: You have my sympathy. I had this discussion with Marc [fabs] last week, we couldn't bury our last two cats in our garden, as we have jack russells with paws like moles. It is a sadness, we would love to have given them a permanent place in the sun, so you are lucky and honoured. :)

Back