Cat bells and day dreams

Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies for not being around much lately, heavy program, new PC, line problems and host changing have all taken their toll, i`m back though.

Anyway, here is a little and boring story that some might enjoy.
A couple of weekends back, i was there (Derwent water in the lake district) as the forecast was for a lovely weekend, a bit hazy perhaps, so i thought i would walk up the cat bells (local mountain) for a panoramic surise on Sunday morning, it never happened though as the night was lovely but early morning started with a drizzle, unsuccesful Sunday.

Meanwhile, on Saturday i had spotted a good place by the lake for a sunset and right on time i was walking towards my destination, as i crossed a wee stream though, i heard a dog barking, turn around and suddenly realised that there was a small foot bridge hiding in the vegetation and all the trees, the dog was barking at me it appears, i turned back and headed for the dog, a very friendly one, i had a wee chat with him (as you do with a dog), spoke to the owners for a few minutes and turned around to head for my destination.
Thats where i faced this view and put on the brakes, wow, that was the spot for this weekend, now i know why the dog was barking at me.

I set the gear up just before the foot bridge and waited for a few minutes, it was a quite path so i had all the time in the world to myself.
As the minutes were passing by, what you see in the picture was unfolding in front of my eyes, needless to say it made my day, i know its not one of the wild scenery i usually like to capture but some times you feel the need to pause and shoot what makes you go wow.

I used a warm up filter on the lower half of the frame to warm the cold shade of the image just a tiny bit, i hope you enjoy it.

Link for larger view

1635634315_b7b33a52c0.jpg

What a great photo. Fantastic!!!

Oh my, that is absolutely beautiful! We're going to camp in Keswick next weekend. Will make sure I have all my kit with me :)

(y) not sure I like it so much in the larger size but the small one is very nice.

I like the story better than the shot although I think you have spoiled me with so many great landscapes previously ;)

This all said, had I been there I think I would have waited as you did.

(y)

Another great one rolls off the production line.....

Looks a lot better in the bigger version to my eye.

One day I'll actually get around to moving to scotland and I shall be a happy man!

great picture
like the way the bridge leads you, no invites you into the scene
and bigger is definitely better

and the story rounds it off nicely!

honestly,,,, it is one of the best pics that made me go WOW

really really nice one

put more please to learn and if you could put the information (shutter speed, apreture,,,etc) that would be great.

thanks.

Wow. Gorgeous. Perfect.

For those who don't have IExif: apparently it was taken using 1/10th at f/16, 100 ISO.

Back