Cat portraits - European Burmese

Cris_L

Take That's Biggest Fan
Name
Cris
Edit My Images
Yes
Heres a few I took of my two cats sidney and bertie this evening. I'm absolutely made up with the first one, never really tried to photograph them (or any pet) before and I'm sure a good capture is more about luck than anything else!

Sidney
5132695145_33306625fd.jpg

Bertie
5133279924_b087a44d48.jpg

Bertie (need to tidy up the bottom edge on this one)
5133278820_c978711ce2.jpg

beautiful shots, my mum had a chocolate Burmese and he gave such enjoyment for his 21 years. These have really captured the mischief that is a Burmese.

:clap:

Well done buddy (y)

Was this with a two light setup or three :shrug: If it was the two lights " which i suspect it was then well done " and see i said it was not that hard:LOL:"

ps If you have any you want to show on here from sat feel free..(y)

Dave:wave:

Arr, I would post some of mine in the Studio but I would have to drug them or glue them to the floor first! Nice pictures (y)

It was two lights, one for the bg and a single softbox for the main light.

The hardest part was gettin them to sit still, the misses had to tickle them then move real quick so I could take a shot!

It was two lights, one for the bg and a single softbox for the main light.

The hardest part was gettin them to sit still, the misses had to tickle them then move real quick so I could take a shot!

:clap:

Two light setup . :clap:

If everyone with two lights could produce images like this there would be alot of people out there very happy(y)

As said some very nice images

? which lens :shrug: and what was the out come with them.... :shrug:

Dave:wave:

I used the kit and the 50 but found the 50 a bit too tight with me not having much time to compose and focus. Did some more tests on that other lens and it's def not suiting me as I mentioned yesterday.

Yep I'm very pleased with these, and how little time I spent on pp. All thanks to you dave!

Two light setup . :clap:

If everyone with two lights could produce images like this there would be alot of people out there very happy(y)

Dave, care to share your advise? This light setup has worked so well and these are pictures to be proud of. I for one would love to know the positioning, requirements etc. (y)

Are the lights flashguns or a lighting setup?

I just had one light with a bg reflector blowing the bg and the other was pretty much straight in front of the subject with a big softbox. Shutter 160 f8 (same as main light) and the bg light was set to minimum power but was still reading f11.

I just had one light with a bg reflector blowing the bg and the other was pretty much straight in front of the subject with a big softbox. Shutter 160 f8 (same as main light) and the bg light was set to minimum power but was still reading f11.

So that's a lighting setup as opposed to flash guns? Could you achieve similar with flash guns?

Fantastic shots!! I have to say they look like by mum's burmese cat Coco. Are they naughty and mischievious? Apparantly its in their breed! lol!

Excellent shots. I had to photograph my neighbours cats (seven of them), and it was like, well herding cats. Chaos and a whole bunch of poor photos. You've done well, especially with #1 which is a bit special.

Yep definately going on the wall. Though will have to put one up of Bertie too or I'll feel guilty!

I think number 1 was luck more than anything else.

Back