Caterpillar

S

Steve

I took this today at the same location as the butterflies, this is as I framed it complete with the curly foliage.

The question is, do I leave it in as your eyes are taken through the picture along the stem up to the top, or remove it to make it a clean image? Normally I would say remove but for some reason it seems to work here.

Opinions please ladies and gentlemen :)

IMG_0325_01.jpg

Gottit now ! What a stunner Steve - and yes ... it is distracting ever so slightly but better in than out !

Leave the twiddly bit , It has me wondering how the Caterpillar thinks it's going to get there next :)

yep. Leave it

Sorry, I have to disagree - better without the curly bit of foliage.

I'd leave it, it adds a whole other dimension to the shot which shows your instinct was right in the first place. :)

It does need something up there, but the crop may not be doing it justice.

Ask Catty for a re-shoot and reposition the upper frond more carefully next time.

The original is awesome, I think the curly twig in the top right hand corner brings balance to the piece. I love how you managed to capture the caterpilla in that "eating" pose, an excellent photograph steve and in my opinion, the twig is best kept at the top of the frame (as the 1st image). :clap:

Prefer 2nd shot. Looks like the Caterpillar is aimiong for the curly thing. Amzing he posed exactly the same as 1st shot Mr DooLittle ;)

Professionalism at its best. Yeah, like that one better.

After coming back to it, the second crop is now looking more apealing than the first

In the original, the frond was a distraction - the natural resting point was the caterpillar's head, so I would have cropped the pic accordingly, but the 2nd one is much much better :thumb:

I'd like to see it without - just to decide. Of the 2 I prefer the second :)

Back