Cats and dogs

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Many of you may be aware, I have two cats - a white female about two years old, and one of her kittens, a 4 month old male. Both cats get along fine with our pet Bearded Dragon.

Now, my girlfriend used to have a dog - a 7yr old German Shepherd. When she left her previous boyfriend, she let the dog go live with her sister til she got herself sorted out. Point being, the white cat has lived with the dog before.

Today, the dog returned. He did not receive quite the welcome we expected from the cats.

The black kitten hissed and legged it behind the washer, where he remained for several hours, hissing when anybody went anywhere near.

The white cat turned into Satan. Claws all over the place and head-charged the door, much to the bewilderment of the aforementioned dog - a dog who had stayed with her throughout her pregnancy and was there when the kitten was born. I guess they just forget over time. :shrug:

After a while, things seemed to calm a little, and both cats braved the journey to the top of the stairs, apparently under the illusion that the dog is actually a cunningly disguised old-skool Dalek that can't do stairs.

I left them alone for a while.

A little while ago I went upstairs to check on the cats, and tried to pick up the kitten. He clamped onto the carpet like a limpet but I eventually lifted him free, and held him for a while. He seemed fairly calm now as he's used to being picked up.

I shouted down to the g/f and told her to bring the dog to the bottom of the stairs. Once more, the kitten started wailing like a banshee and saw fit to claw his way under my arm, up my back, onto my shoulder, before firmly attaching himself to the back of my head with all fours. Imagine if you will, a confused back-to-front facehugger. It was like that.

I've just taken a bath, and my back and shoulder looks like I've had a slight altercation with Messr Kruger.

Moral of this story: Cats cannot be used as hats. Its painful. :thumbsdown:

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I can imagine!

I used to have a couple of cats, and they didn't so much have claws - more like mini flick-knives. And no, they don't make particularly good hats either.

You might want to try a poodle though - it's worked for Brian May and Anita Dobson for years...

Well, the white cat and the dog are bestest friends now. They're already at bottom-sniffing level.

The kitten, however, still decrees that the back of my head is the safest place for him to be when in the presence of a very large German Shepherd dog. All well and good if the dog does decide to launch a bitey attack. Oh well, I never wanted a face anyway.

"Cat Is A Hat" - You sure, Glo? It doesn't even rhyme! Hardly Dr Seuss, now, is it... ;)

Well the cat and the dog are the bestest of friends
They've started to sniff at each other's rear ends
But the kitten's still scared of the terrible dog
It clings to my head like it's perched on a log

And now as I ponder my small furry hat
(That one day might grow up to become a cat)
It wonders how it might achieve such a height
As it gouges my eyeballs and knackers my sight

:coat: :exit:

Yesterday I found a cat
I found it sitting on a mat
I went to where the cat was sat
And into it I made a hat.

:shrug:

Back