Cats are evil

andrew748

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
We woke up this morning, to find that our extremely industrious and territorial Robins had kicked their chicks out of the nest.

Woot for me as a clicky frenzy ensued.

Then next doors cat turned up

If you own a cat please get a collar with a bell.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=905648

squeamish alert

Difficult to reply to this but cats are not evil.
I love cats and the birds in our garden as well . Our cats are too elderly to catch birds so now am able to feed the birds in the garden without any problems.
Pete

Why didnt you scare the Cat away if you saw it coming? Cant blame the cat and a bell wont make a jot of difference. I saw Magpies killing baby Robins today and last year Jays ripping baby Doves to bits, not a cat in sight!

I would not say its the cats fault. Its natural for the cat to do this. My cats ofen bring me in dead birds, not nice, but they have bells, so this dont help. I guess its just part of life.

i went inside to for an hour
i'm not a cat hater, i just hate waste lol

hunting for food is fine, hunting for amusement not so fine imo

i went inside to for an hour
i'm not a cat hater, i just hate waste lol

hunting for food is fine, hunting for amusement not so fine imo

Its a Cat for petes sake, it doesnt know any difference!! :bang: You'd do better using spike fencing (pricka strips) along your fence, then the Cat wouldnt come in.

Yes cats are evil. They kill for killings sake. The moggy next door,well fed but still goes stalking. All of the cat family are the same. I remember on the TV showing a cheetah kill a vilderbeest. suddenly stop tearing it to bits and go after another. My neighbour had a fantastic trap. A barrel full of water with a lid pivoting in the middle. The cat jumps on to the lid which piviots and drops the cat into the water. then closes the lid. HA HA HA.

Yes cats are evil. They kill for killings sake. The moggy next door,well fed but still goes stalking. All of the cat family are the same. I remember on the TV showing a cheetah kill a vilderbeest. suddenly stop tearing it to bits and go after another. My neighbour had a fantastic trap. A barrel full of water with a lid pivoting in the middle. The cat jumps on to the lid which piviots and drops the cat into the water. then closes the lid. HA HA HA.

Thats just WRONG.

Dawn, i can't do the strips because i have foxes that live on my garage roof.
i got into photography because we had nesting bluetits and one of them got eaten by a sparrow hawk.
I have no problem with that.

this isn't an anti cat rant thread, i'm just a bit grrr, 'cos i was looking forward to watching the chicks get bigger and bolshier :)

Duh - so I guess that makes your neighbour 'evil' too? :bang::wacky:

My neighbour had a fantastic trap. A barrel full of water with a lid pivoting in the middle. The cat jumps on to the lid which piviots and drops the cat into the water. then closes the lid. HA HA HA.

If you find that funny you are SICK!

You better be ****ing joking.

I have lost a robins nest to a cat this year they are KILLING MACHINES there’s a bloody woman 5 doors from me runs the cat protection league I counted up to 7 of the f***ing things
Does any one know how far you can go whilst staying within the law I have installed an automatic water sprayer & recently got an electric fence of E-bay
:bang:

Buy a couple of ferrets
you don't get cats in a garden if you have ferrets
they don't like the scent.
You can also get lion urine & poo to spread around the garden they
don't like that either.

These are the passive cat control methods
there are others of course .............

How pathetic, and very very sad.

Dawn, i can't do the strips because i have foxes that live on my garage roof.
i got into photography because we had nesting bluetits and one of them got eaten by a sparrow hawk.
I have no problem with that.

this isn't an anti cat rant thread, i'm just a bit grrr, 'cos i was looking forward to watching the chicks get bigger and bolshier :)
OK Andrew, I understand.:)
I have lost a robins nest to a cat this year they are KILLING MACHINES there’s a bloody woman 5 doors from me runs the cat protection league I counted up to 7 of the f***ing things
Does any one know how far you can go whilst staying within the law I have installed an automatic water sprayer & recently got an electric fence of E-bay
Water sprayers are fine, Cats hate water, I dont see any harm in it, as for the fence, if its like Sheep fencing, then Id imagine that would be ok too.

Buy a couple of ferrets
don't like that either.

Erm, I have 6 Cats Cobra, I also had 4 Ferrets untill recently, they used to roll round the garden together.:D

Buy a couple of ferrets
don't like that either.

We have 5 ferrets and still get cats in the garden.

Erm, I have 6 Cats Cobra, I also had 4 Ferrets untill recently, they used to roll round the garden together.:D

We have 5 ferrets and still get cats in the garden.

Erm Ok I guess you need to have a talk to your ferrets then :D
I have never had cats in my garden all the time I have had ferrets

and "everyone" else I know says the same.
But then these are working strains, maybe that makes a difference

Last edited:
Erm Ok I guess you need to have a talk to your ferrets then :D
I have never had cats in my garden all the time I have had ferrets

and "everyone" else I know says the same.
But then these are working strains, maybe that makes a difference

2 of my 4 were rescued "workers" perhaps its just that my Cats were around at the time the Ferrets arrived, so they were already familiar with the scent.

Pics of the Ferrets, wouldnt go amiss Cobra. ;):D

Pics of the Ferrets, wouldnt go amiss Cobra. ;):D

You know what, Dawn, ? I don't think that I actually have any?
I guess I had better take some as you asked so nicely :D

Maybe I should post a photo of a half eaten worm and add the title "birds are evil"..... it's nature, owners don't teach cats to kill :bonk:

You know what, Dawn, ? I don't think that I actually have any?
I guess I had better take some as you asked so nicely :D

Disgraceful admission, TOMORROW please!!!!:LOL:(y)

Maybe I should post a photo of a half eaten worm and add the title "birds are evil"..... it's nature, owners don't teach cats to kill :bonk:

Yeah, or half eaten baby Birds of any number of species being ripped and pecked at by Magpies, Crows and Jays!! ;)

Quote from here
However, there is a quiet massacre taking place in Britain and other countries where cats have been introduced. The RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) conservatively estimates that there are around 9,000,000 cats in this country and they kill in the region of 275,000,000 small animals each year. That figure of 275 million includes 55 million birds. That only works out at about 30 kills per cat per year. As many cat owners will testify, their cat may make two or three kills per day if it's a very good hunter.

Yeah, or half eaten baby Birds of any number of species being ripped and pecked at by Magpies, Crows and Jays!! ;)

And not forgetting the the nest robbing Grey squirrels (y)

It is a waste and a shame, but that's nature for ya. If it was easy to understand it'd be boring :)

We woke up this morning, to find that our extremely industrious and territorial Robins had kicked their chicks out of the nest.

Woot for me as a clicky frenzy ensued.

Then next doors cat turned up

If you own a cat please get a collar with a bell.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=905648

squeamish alert

I have said this before, but you will get shot down by the cat lovers.
It's the irresponsible owners that are to blame, they open the door, and from that point they are not responsible for the cats actions.
They don't know where they go or whose garden they are in.
I for one am tired of cleaning up after someone Else's cat.

HAve you got Red Tails Cobra?(y):eek:

Not any more they are too "moody" ;)
Harris Hawks will hunt them but are not quite so adept at "handling" them and do occasionally lose a toe :(
( never happened to me thankfully)

I have said this before, but you will get shot down by the cat lovers.
It's the irresponsible owners that are to blame, they open the door, and from that point they are not responsible for the cats actions.
They don't know where they go or whose garden they are in.
I for one am tired of cleaning up after someone Else's cat.

And in what way to you think owners should take responsibility for their cats' actions once their outside? It's already been said that bells don't really work.

BTW, the RSPB figures are purely conjecture, there is no way to get anywhere near accurate numbers and theirs are grossly exaggerated.

And in what way to you think owners should take responsibility for their cats' actions once their outside? It's already been said that bells don't really work.

BTW, the RSPB figures are purely conjecture, there is no way to get anywhere near accurate numbers and theirs are grossly exaggerated.

If you have a cat as a pet, make a run for it don't give someone else the problem. My friends wife keeps cats, but they are never let out to wander they are kept in a run. Why should should other people have the problem, of someone Else's cat fouling their gardens.

Just like EVERY OTHER statistic I guess Marc ;)

However I would tend to believe this one from DEFRA

There are no official figures for the numbers of pet animals kept in the UK. Owners do not have to register or license them and they are not included in any census. However, the Petfood Manufacturers Association carries out surveys and estimated that in 2001 there were around 7.5 million cats,.....

That number must have increased in 8 years
Now being generous, if each cat kills one bird in its life time thats 7.5 million birds.

We all know that not all cats are "killers" but some are serial killers
taking "something" each day the average life of a cat is around 12 years
12 x 364 = 4380 x 7.5 million = 32,850,000,000 one hell of a lot of casualties
The real figure must lay somewhere between the two :)

Really sorry that I am adding to the OT'ness of this thread - sorry OP. BUT I can't read these comments below and just walk away.

In reply to your cheetah killing wilderbeast. The reason they kill more than one is because they have to catch their food it's the ONLY food source they have, they'd rather not going starving. Therefore having two kills to eat and then bring back/share with the pack is actually logical common sense.
And cat's killing is nature and what they have done for years. Regardless of whether they've just eaten dried food or not!

Erm I have 4 cats, what exactly is wrong with people owning 'x# of the '**cking' things???
And I wouldn't have thought electrical fences are humane tbh. The wrong type of voltage and you've just gone and killed someone's cat!
Squirting a water pistol at cats is most efficent and easiest way to get rid - we trained our cat not to try and hunt our cockatiel whilst in the cage by spraying her -within a couple of days she'd stopped...and she LOVES water.

If you have a cat as a pet, make a run for it don't give someone else the problem. My friends wife keeps cats, but they are never let out to wander they are kept in a run. Why should should other people have the problem, of someone Else's cat fouling their gardens.

Because it's personal preference. I'm 100% your friend's wife has the run more for the fact she doesn't want the cats getting killed/running away rather than being 'respsonsible' or 'irresponsable!'. Just GET OVER IT.:bang:

What an absolutely ridiculous notion. In fact it's so ridiculous I'm not even going to dignify it with an answer.

And on the second point, birds and other small animals don't exactly use public toilets. Why should I have to clean bird crap off my fence?

Back