Cats are evil

Because it's personal preference. I'm 100% your friend's wife has the run more for the fact she doesn't want the cats getting killed/running away rather than being 'respsonsible' or 'irresponsable!'. Just GET OVER IT.:bang:

What are you actually saying here. Who's personal preferences are you talking about.
I had a dove cote for tumblers, I took great care in the positioning of it, nowhere near a fence, but it did not stop a cat from getting in. The cat killed every one of my birds including the young ones. And you say get over it.
Anyone who keeps cats, and just opens the door for them are irresponsible.
There is no argument about that, the cat belongs to you, therefore it is your responsibility.

What are you actually saying here. Who's personal preferences are you talking about.
I had a dove cote for tumblers, I took great care in the positioning of it, nowhere near a fence, but it did not stop a cat from getting in. The cat killed every one of my birds including the young ones. And you say get over it.
There is no argument about that, the cat belongs to you, therefore it is your responsibility.

No, sorry Cats are classed as "wild" they are governed by law as a protected animal.

I have 6 Cats, and I would without hesitation, make a person pay, if I found them to be intentionally hurting them, harming peoples pets is disgraceful and those doing it should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Now, having said that and I mean it, NONE of my Cats are allowed off my property. I have an inverted fence all the way round to stop them jumping out, fortunately 3 are too old, and the other 3 British Shorthairs show no inclination to do so. I also have a pen for the youngsters which they love going in if its fine. I dont believe Cats should be made to stay in all the time, and will little effort, things can be done to confine them to your own property.

DSC00143.jpg

Dawn it is very obvious that you are taking every step you can to keep your cats where they belong, on your property. That is showing responsibility. It's just a shame that other cat owners can't do the same.

Dawn it is very obvious that you are taking every step you can to keep your cats where they belong, on your property. .
(y)

Dawn it is very obvious that you are taking every step you can to keep your cats where they belong, on your property. That is showing responsibility. It's just a shame that other cat owners can't do the same.

Thanks, I think too much of them to let them out. I must admit the inverted fencing has a downside though :muted: Its stops the Cats getting out, but doesnt stop Squirrels etc getting in, unfortunately once in, getting out again when you hit you head on the overhang is somewhat difficult, especially when there are 3 Border Terriers intent on playing with you! ;):D

Yes cats are evil. They kill for killings sake. The moggy next door,well fed but still goes stalking. All of the cat family are the same. I remember on the TV showing a cheetah kill a vilderbeest. suddenly stop tearing it to bits and go after another. My neighbour had a fantastic trap. A barrel full of water with a lid pivoting in the middle. The cat jumps on to the lid which piviots and drops the cat into the water. then closes the lid. HA HA HA.

Care to share your neighbours address so we can pass details onto the RSPCA to investigate him/her for animal cruelty?

No, I guess not.

Lisa

Buy a couple of ferrets
you don't get cats in a garden if you have ferrets
they don't like the scent.
You can also get lion urine & poo to spread around the garden they
don't like that either.

These are the passive cat control methods
there are others of course .............

Sorry, the quote about ferrets is wrong, I have two. I also have a cat myself.

The ONLY deterrent I have found to keep my neighbours cats out of my garden is having a fit Staffordshire Bull Terrier on the loose in the garden. We don't get anyone elses cats in the garden now.

Lisa

Sorry, the quote about ferrets is wrong, I have two. I also have a cat myself.

The ONLY deterrent I have found to keep my neighbours cats out of my garden is having a fit Staffordshire Bull Terrier on the loose in the garden. We don't get anyone elses cats in the garden now.

Lisa

It now seems as though ( previous posts) that its not quite 100%
successful
but as I also said it works (and has worked for years) for me and
others that I know, that keep working ferrets. Ah well you can't win them all ;)

It now seems as though ( previous posts) that its not quite 100%
successful
but as I also said it works (and has worked for years) for me and
others that I know, that keep working ferrets. Ah well you can't win them all ;)

OOOh, I've just had a thought - mine arn't working ferrets, they just laze around all day. Maybe that's why the cat's arn't scared. :LOL:

Lisa

OOOh, I've just had a thought - mine arn't working ferrets, they just laze around all day. Maybe that's why the cat's arn't scared. :LOL:

Lisa

:D

I've just been out to a feeding staion close to me. I counted 20 rats who had travelled up from the local river to feed on the seed that had fallen to the ground. not only that but I've also taken pictures of the rats climbing the trees, attacking a nest and chasing the birds.

I'm not saying cats are angels but they are only doing what comes naturally to them. Without them, people would only moan about the infestations of mice and rats .. it's the biological order of things, leave Mother Nature to cope, she's been doing it longer than we've been here.

Well, I've turned up late for this one. Have been rather busy this last week installing A 1000€ s worth of fence around our new property to keep our SIX cats safe from air rifle wielding cat hating titheads and french hunters, Sorry about the baby robins, it is a bugger when that happens but it does happen. Stoats and weasels do it, various other birds do it, that's life and one of it's many downsides is death!
Our cats currently have a 10 X 5 meter run to which they have free daytime access through a catflap in the kitchen window, but each year birds, snakes and I can't tell you how many mice, voles and shrews still get caught by them. Cats are hunters, end of!

Tara

P.S. love Mr foxy (even though they are chicken killing monsters)

Last edited:
It's the irresponsible owners that are to blame, they open the door, and from that point they are not responsible for the cats actions.
They don't know where they go or whose garden they are in.

If you have a cat as a pet, make a run for it don't give someone else the problem.

You totally misunderstand what cats are all about don't you?
Cats are wild animals, people do not "own" them. They merely feed them and give them somewhere to kip etc.
'Make a run for it' hahahaha never heard anything so ridiculous! :wacky:

You totally misunderstand what cats are all about don't you?
Cats are wild animals, people do not "own" them. They merely feed them and give them somewhere to kip etc.
'Make a run for it' hahahaha never heard anything so ridiculous! :wacky:

i was under the impression that i was feeding the cats with my well fed garden birds :bang: ;)
and the cat in question didn't kill for food, it had a quick chew and disappeared, the crows cleaned up the remains, so it wasn't a total loss :D

Last edited:
It's mother nature at work I am afraid. A shame, but sadly that is the way that the natural world works, just be greatful Dinosaurs aren't still about or we'd be in trouble ;)

It's mother nature at work I am afraid. A shame, but sadly that is the way that the natural world works, just be greatful Dinosaurs aren't still about or we'd be in trouble ;)

Surely we could 'build a run' for them? :bonk:

There is a small community of feral cats around here, yet we still have an abundance of birds. To keep the cats out of our garden we put Bella's (our Rough Collie) fresh poo in the bottom of the hedges around the garden :LOL: It only works if you keep doing it on a daily basis though.

Sorry about your baby Robins :(

There is a small community of feral cats around here, yet we still have an abundance of birds. To keep the cats out of our garden we put Bella's (our Rough Collie) fresh poo in the bottom of the hedges around the garden :LOL: It only works if you keep doing it on a daily basis though.
(

I used to do the same to keep the ex wife away.... I don't have a dog though... :D

Well, in my country (Cyprus) there are so many stray cats that they are becoming a nuisance to say the least. I mean, I used to have cats when I was younger, and before I moved to the UK I had to get a couple of cats to handle a mice and snake infestation in my garden, and the funny thing is that whenever I put some food out for them, all the stray cats would come to eat, so my two cats eventually became part of that same pack and left me, and I had to feed them all to keep them to come in my garden to take care of the mice and snakes. I remember once I counted 18 cats just lying on the lawn (I did eventually take measures to keep them from coming, it was just too much).

I don't want to stir the conversation any more here, but I have to say, from my experience, cats will hunt birds as they always have. The real monster is not the cat, it's the man. I mean, in Cyprus, illegal hunting is responsible for the death of 5.000.000 birds every year, and it's done with nets and sticks covered in glue. I mean, whenever I saw a cat killing a bird, I would say that that's nature working. But a few years ago, when I was hiking I found a 20meter rope covered in glue, with a couple of dozen birds stuck on it. If I had the guy that put that thing there in front of me at the time, gawd I was so angry, I would make him regret the day he was born. It took me a little less than two hours to get all the birds off the rope, clean them very carefully from any glue residue (most of them still had some on their feathers but I don't think that it would affect their flight), released them, and cut the rope down. I had to do this on my own because I had no phone reception there (needless to say I called the authorities as soon as I was back to civilisation). Those are the real monsters, not cats. And the worst of all, only 3 of the birds that were on the rope had any market value, the rest would just be left on that rope to die, or killed and left there. THAT'S waste.
To be honest, I don't really like cats. They are not really good pets, they will double-cross you on the first occasion, not loyal like dogs for example, and they have a weird personality as pets. But they are animals, and part of nature, and they follow their instincts. Yeah, owners should do their best to keep them from being a nuisance to other people, but if they do get around, they will kill other small animals, that's in their nature.

I understand Cats are breeding out of control out there? If thats the czse, as with any feral animal that reaches unmanagable numbers, they should be culled humanely. I have no problem with the correct management of ANY species, I use my Terriers for that purpose, but when muppets laugh about pathetic "traps" it makes my skin crawl to think we share our planet with such people who have no feeling for other peoples pets.

There was a strange thumping noise in our hall yesterday which sounded like the cats chasing up and down the stairs, so my husband went to investigate and called out "It's one of your friends". I replied, "what, that ginger cat from up the road?" "No.. there is a starling on your handbag!!!"

Well was that a random statement or what!!!

I went to look and there, standing on my handbag on the study floor, was a starling! I picked it up and it **** on the wall! Took it to the window, made sure it was ok and set it free! :D

I think I will be right in saying that I will probably go my whole life without hearing that statement again!!!!! :D

some of the posts here are amazing... especially the first.

you're going to take a dead bird around to your neighbour that owns the cat...

cannot be serious.

If you have a cat as a pet, make a run for it don't give someone else the problem. My friends wife keeps cats, but they are never let out to wander they are kept in a run. Why should should other people have the problem, of someone Else's cat fouling their gardens.

I am sorry, but...

Hahahahahahahahaha! :LOL:

My cats would go mental in a run, they go where they want, when they want. Yes they have bought back their share of birds, and yes, I hate it, but its nature at work. End of.

I have an elderly cat that stays in my garden through choice and has never killed or even bothered the birds. However I had another cat which often brought me little presents which she left on the mat- birds, rats, mice. I hated it when she had killed birds but we rewarded her for the rats. After she died we had a big problem with rats and had to get rid of the bird feeders.

I have lots of sparrows in my garden and a female sparrow hawk is a regular visitor. She killed a sparrow on my bird table one day.

I have a labrador who loves chasing cats out of the garden, although she wouldnt hurt them.Animals chasing and killing things is just nature.

some of the posts here are amazing... especially the first.

you're going to take a dead birds around to your neighbour that owns the cat...

cannot be serious.

that was my original intention:puke:

but the remains got snaffled by some crows and i have since chilled out about the whole thing.

felis domesticus satanicus is in the clear :bang: :D

Back