Cauldron Falls - West Burton

I like the first, very good (y)

Nice enough- do you have a colour version Geoff?

Les :)

I think I prefer the 2nd composition namely due to foreground in the first instance.

BW conversion is well done and is punchy and contrasty. I wouldn't mind seeing the colour version too.

It's quite hard to judge from this size but it appears like there is some softness or haze in no2???

Compositions wise two. More depth to the shot and a lot less cluttered at the front over one.

Processing isn't me. It for me is too gritty, contrasty and over worked. Given the lovely colours of summer with the hint of autumn about I'd rather see that than b&w anyway.

Two is soft and I'd put money on it that due to the long exposure you've softened the foliage as it'll also have moved during exposure.

Last edited:
Neither of them look sharp, is it camera shake or you've focused too far towards the background? Or maybe considering the angle you balanced the camera on a rock? I think potentially the second one has something going for it with the swirl of foam in the foreground, but the trees need some burning in around the edges of the frame to make more of a tunnel effect and draw the eye into the centre and down to the foreground.

Back