CC Cleaner? Huh!

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
For years I've used the free version, I find its a quick way to hoover and dust around my system.
Last year I fell for their clever marketing at a reduced price. IIRC it was about 15 quid, for all the "Extras"
Over the past year the pro bit, start up apps / disable and security apps up date have shown no results.

So this year, beginning of May, I decided not to renew.
First off I've had a few aggressive marketing type emails, outstanding payment demands,
telling me that I need to renew now!

How to win friends and influence people eh?

Secondly I'm getting pop ups, daily and more than once, telling me my licence has expired.
The only way to dismiss them is to click "remind me later" which of course they do :rolleyes:

I've now deleted all trace ( I hope) of the programme, in the hope that they quit.
I will of course go back, and stay with, the free home version.

Its just their seemly aggressive marketing that made me do this :D

I went through a similar thing a while back. I can't remember exactly what I wanted to do but I think there was some system optimisation thing in the paid for version that I wanted to try and from what I remember it did work well but after that I dropped it and went through what you did.

According to "Computer Active " magazine people should now ditch CCleaner and install BleachBit.
I am only saying what I have read. I have installed BleachBit, but have only done a simple clean so far as I am not sure how to use BleachBit to its best, PS I have read the help,

According to "Computer Active " magazine people should now ditch CCleaner and install BleachBit.
I am only saying what I have read. I have installed BleachBit, but have only done a simple clean so far as I am not sure how to use BleachBit to its best, PS I have read the help,
I'll look into it. Thanks :)

I use Revo Uninstaller

I signed up to Ace Utilities years back, lifetime membership and I use it weekly. Never had any issues and I don't recall ever getting any PSAM from them though having the lifetime licence might explain that.

I use Revo Uninstaller
If I want to uninstall anything, I used the windows programme.

Anyway, after I uninstalled it, they offered me a £19.99 deal
instead of the £25.99 they wanted me to renew at.
So I took it, as I know how it works, and didn't need to learn a new one.

If I want to uninstall anything, I used the windows programme.

Anyway, after I uninstalled it, they offered me a £19.99 deal
instead of the £25.99 they wanted me to renew at.
So I took it, as I know how it works, and didn't need to learn a new one.
Revo Uninstaller, uninstalls everything to do with the program you're wanting to delete, including its' registry files

I read that article too and I'm still undecided about this. How reliable is the magazine?

I too use Revo uninstaller it goes into the register and digs out everything to do with the program one trying to get rid of, use it for many years

Revo Uninstaller, uninstalls everything to do with the program you're wanting to delete, including its' registry files
Windows own uninstaller removes registry entries and files created at installation time too.

Revo will use same installer database as Windows to work out what to remove.

Maybe it's attempting to guess what other files and registry entries have been created by an app since installation? I'd be very careful about giving it free reign to remove anything else.
Why do you want to remove extra stuff from the registry anyway? Maybe if you're running Windows 95 it makes sense but I can't see a good reason otherwise.

Again, what problem are you trying to solve?

BleachBit mainly does the same as the built-in disk cleanup wizard - albeit with a more coherent UI and greater granularity.

I read that article too and I'm still undecided about this. How reliable is the magazine?
Yes, I have read the article and I was not convinced over their praise for Bleach Bit. They have also made other references in support of BB. Suspicious I may be, but methinks they dost protest too much.

Back