CCCCCCCold Cad west

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Traffic was to put it mildely....******.
I did manage to bag One Gr4 who thankfully made two passes. The second pass where he pulled out over Cader idris was spectacular.

The light was a bit of a challenge. What did help though was some reflected light bouncing off the hill I was standing on thanks to the patchy snow.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one. Pitty is going to get quite up there from now on. No harriers, no dommies, soon no tornadoes. And a cut back in the numbers training in hawks. Just hope the F15, c130 and helis take up the slack.

Nice one. Pitty is going to get quite up there from now on. No harriers, no dommies, soon no tornadoes. And a cut back in the numbers training in hawks. Just hope the F15, c130 and helis take up the slack.

Yes we were discussing that yesterday. I won't feel guilty now when I head for the hills instead thinking I was missing out on some low fly activity. Every cloud......

Fantastic pics - how do you do that ? get them that sharp ?
It must have been v cold.

Rory - Great shots under challenging conditions. Well done. (y)
I think I'm just as impressed though at you sticking it out on the hill all day in the freezing cold!
I was going to head down last week but the heating packed up so had to bloody fix that!! :bang:

It's been very quiet on the Loop of late after a frenzy of activity a few weeks ago. When I was last down on the Bwlch Exit I think we had something like 19 frontliners and 6 hawks through. (y)

Hopefully the F15's will fill the gaps from the cost cutting.

Gareth

Rory - Great shots under challenging conditions. Well done. (y)
I think I'm just as impressed though at you sticking it out on the hill all day in the freezing cold!
I was going to head down last week but the heating packed up so had to bloody fix that!! :bang:

It's been very quiet on the Loop of late after a frenzy of activity a few weeks ago. When I was last down on the Bwlch Exit I think we had something like 19 frontliners and 6 hawks through. (y)

Hopefully the F15's will fill the gaps from the cost cutting.

Gareth
Hi Gareth,

Yes, it was pretty cold. I used my dogs car blanket as a wind break on the fence. The blanket got a good airing to get rid of his smells:D

I might be able to get jst one day in next week if the weather is god otherwise this was my last loop visit in 2010. I guess we will look back at these and think of them as the "golden days" of loop activity?....I hope not.

Cheers,

Rory

I guess we will look back at these and think of them as the "golden days" of loop activity?....I hope not.

Cheers,

Rory

Unfortunately Rory, I think you may be right. :(

Although it has to be said there has been much more F15 action lately for some reason, although the RAF boys do go lower and faster! :LOL:

cockpit shot is a belter Rory

"go lower and faster" - thats just the new intake of eagle pilots - the originals Hacker and Spartan used to mow the grass !! :):)

Them where the days !

I'm not expert but I was told the F15's weren't allowed below 500ft with the RAF 250ft? :shrug:
Is that not right?

I have seen one nearly as low as the hawks / tornadoe but none as low as a harrier. Weather they are allowed or not is another matter. :thinking:

Fantastic set, can't pick a favourite. Just when I think I've settled on one I look at the others and keep switching. Possibly the first one just because you can see the whole thing.

I'm not expert but I was told the F15's weren't allowed below 500ft with the RAF 250ft? :shrug:
Is that not right?

Not all F15 crews are limited to the 500ft rule. If Lossie closes then Marham will get more Tornado's so even if the odd squadron gets scrubbed we may end up getting quite a lot of Tonka action in the near future.

Fantastic shots Rory:clap:

Mark

Back