CD / DVD Printing

Edit My Images
Yes
Having owned Epson printers for a number of years and having the option to print direct onto discs has allowed me to produce some nice looking discs for family etc.

As I am now the owner of a Canon DSLR and with a tiring printer, I have decided to change to a Canon printer, in fact the Pixma ip4950 which also has the ability to print direct onto discs.

However, I am not that particularly impressed with the included software and would welcome any suggestions on other software which would allow me to print direct to the printer tray that hold the disc. I have had a look at Discus 4 which in my opinion looks awful. As much as I like my software to be functional I would also like it to look nice also.

Can anyone recommend a good piece of software which I can use instead of the supplied software based on your experience.

The actually software itself. Its looks very cartoony with not a single template that I would ever consider using. In comparison to my old PrintCD software that came with my epson, this looks and feels awful.

Personnally (and I have only done a few CDs) I prefer to use photoshop, and just import the jpg, for the direct to cd printing.

For labels, the avery software was good, not sure whether it can handle tray printing though

Mac :)

Back