Celestial bodies.

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
No photos I'm afraid.

At 5.05 pm this evening I stood in my front porch and viewed the Moon, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter and the International Space Station all at the same time, it was the first time I've seen this. It's usually only one or two celestial bodies never five that I see.

No photos I'm afraid.

At 5.05 pm this evening I stood in my front porch and viewed the Moon, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter and the International Space Station all at the same time, it was the first time I've seen this. It's usually only one or two celestial bodies never five that I see.
What do you mean it didn't happen???

Look SW just after sunset.

EarthSky _ Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus December 6.jpg

Last edited:
It was a joke John, hence the ‘laughing’ emoji. I was just making a comment that this is the astrophotography section so I was expecting a glorious photo to go along with your description of the night sky, and was disappointed when there was none to behold.

As an example I could say I witnessed a pig flying overhead, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to photograph it at the time, so in that case it would be appropriate for forum members to challenge that, and say that as I had no photographic evidence then I couldn’t possibly expect them to take what I said as truthful. And my above comment was a shortened down phrase which means the same thing, however delivered in a more jovial manner. No offence intended.

It was a joke John, hence the ‘laughing’ emoji. I was just making a comment that this is the astrophotography section so I was expecting a glorious photo to go along with your description of the night sky, and was disappointed when there was none to behold.

As an example I could say I witnessed a pig flying overhead, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to photograph it at the time, so in that case it would be appropriate for forum members to challenge that, and say that as I had no photographic evidence then I couldn’t possibly expect them to take what I said as truthful. And my above comment was a shortened down phrase which means the same thing, however delivered in a more jovial manner. No offence intended.
OK no problem!

I had hoped yesterday and the next couple of days would be clear to see this spectacle and last evening was as clear as I had hoped. I also knew the space station would pass over west to east at an angle of about 45 degrees at just after 5pm so that was a bonus, It would be impossible to take photos as all the objects were spread too far apart.

Back