Central Mosque Glasgow - HDR

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
This is a revamp of this shot, mainly to sky.
I quite liked this new version.

CentralMosqueweb.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of HDR anyway... so feel free to ignore me, but I don't like this because the eye is drawn first to the bridge then the bright part of the water then the sky and the mosque is almost just a background object.

Yep the mosque is just a side lune to the bridge which looks stunning

Not a fan of HDR although tried a few attempts.
I think the problem here is that you are immediately drawn to the bridge because of the light and dominant colour. If the mosque is the main part of the photo the building brickwork needs lighting and the bridge toned down. The dome is also lost and either needs to be more dominant or the sunlight used to draw attention instead of the vast grey expanse of the clouds in which it is lost. I hope this helps in some way.
I like the photograph, good composition but just not on the subject stated.

Nice bridge, looks very historic next to that green and pleasant land, bit too dark for me though.

Hi all.
I am aware the bridge is dominating the shot and mosque is literally, and photographically in Bg.
Just a pic of the area around the mosque really.
My intention was to have the lighter dominating bridge as a main course, leading on to the light grass and eventually finishing off with the mosque as cheese board - maybe was not the most appropriate title.
Cheers... especially Dave√

This is very much on the extreme end of the HDR measure (y) I'm not really that sure about this one, the subject in not really clear TBH and for me the processing is a little too strong :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

I love it when people who start their comments with "I'm not fans of HDR" still feel compelled to comment on them regaurdless. It's never good unless it looks like a pic without HDR?.........:wacky:

Nice image the only bit that annoys me is the long cigar shaped section in between the clouds right at the top centre, it just seems flat and dead, maybe a bit of cloning clould fix this, but still a nice image and I noticed a few light beams coming from the clouds. The bridge is a strong line but unfortunatley the top of the Mosque is a bit dull maybe brightening that part may draw the eye towards it.

Top work mate, Keep at it and don't be discouraged by those
"I'm Not A Fan People":LOL:

Hi Peter & Matt
Thanks for comments.
I also felt that certain areas of the sky were weak, however I decided to leave them as I wanted to just use the actual sky. Bit daft, having decided to process it. Maybe just clone in some stronger sky.
I also tried making the mosque dome brighter, but didn't feel it worked ( for me anyway).
Can be a challenge to get a balance that feels right / works.
Still, will be less hesitant on cloning, on next cooking mission - Cheers.

rather powerful, Charles
i cant really get my stuff to do this good
is it a multi frame sandwich
and what software is it you use...its a cracker
cheers
Geof
ps i think its pretty well balanced...if i was standing there i would ultimately see the mosque...the eye does move around a bit
cheers
Geof

I love HDR and I really like this, it really works for my eyes.

Cheers Wendy √

...and Geof

"i cant really get my stuff to do this good
and what software is it you use."

I just use Photomatix and Photoshop.
1. Mess around in matix. When happy with result of one part I save result and then go back to matix and play until happy with another element in image and save etc.
2. Then blend layers in PS keeping good bits and flatten.
Just play with sliders Geof.

Hope that helps / gives some idea of what's going on.

(y)........The bridge is dominat in this shot, however one is lead into the back ground, dramatic shot only problem i have is the blown out areas in the sky.Otherwise i think its great

Cheers Wendy √

...and Geof

"i cant really get my stuff to do this good
and what software is it you use."

I just use Photomatix and Photoshop.
1. Mess around in matix. When happy with result of one part I save result and then go back to matix and play until happy with another element in image and save etc.
2. Then blend layers in PS keeping good bits and flatten.
Just play with sliders Geof.

Hope that helps / gives some idea of what's going on.

my sort of style as well...a black art
cheers
Geof

yep I love it, Glasgow seems to lend itself well to these shots - but, I neeeeeed someone to show me how to do it lol, in Gimp :) :)

I love it! HDR done badly, on the wrong subject, can be dissapointing. The mighty stonework enhanced, like everything in this picture, by your HDR is well worth framing :)

Im a HDR fan, But not a fan of photomatix I find you either end up with a very over processed or flat looking image when using it, Therefore i found a program called Dynamic photo HDR, and love it, there is so much more features that allows you to tweak everything you want.
I like this photo and the processing works well on the bridge but think the sky looks overdone!

THanks all for comments - appreciate your thoughts.

yep I love it, Glasgow seems to lend itself well to these shots - but, I neeeeeed someone to show me how to do it lol, in Gimp :) :)
... Sorry, can't help with Gimp, but I'm sure there are plenty of suitable subjects for decent shots in every city.

Im a HDR fan, But not a fan of photomatix I find you either end up with a very over processed or flat looking image when using it, Therefore i found a program called Dynamic photo HDR, and love it, there is so much more features that allows you to tweak everything you want.
I like this photo and the processing works well on the bridge but think the sky looks overdone!

First I've heard of "Dynamic Photo HDR" will check it out = Cheers √

The mosque itself ruins the picture for me, it just jars with the rest of it.
I like how the bridge looks, very nice!

Back