Workshop central scotland

That would be nice.:)

There are a few studios out here, and quite a few camera clubs. I noticed (from another thread), that the Livingston camera club has one of the local studio owners as a member. I have been to a couple of Studio days (Pavilion and Fraser Jarvis) the latter was very friendly and approachable, Pavilion was just quite busy, so hard for me to really say.

There is a workshop the last sunday of every month on the Scottish Canals website - https://www.scottishcanals.co.uk/events/photography-workshops-with-peccadillo-barge-26-july/

I used to work there, but have no idea what the workshop is like as it's a 3rd party that runs it.

Interesting but it's only an hour's shooting (plus a couple of hours of chatting and picking brains) and the shooting is outside at 11am... surely not the most conducive to getting the best images?

Last year I was a member of Street Level Photoworks in Glasgow. It's a brilliant club/studio/darkroom facility which is more aimed at film & conventional but they do have workshops, a studio etc. They also have a Hasselblad X5 scanner if you are shooting film and want to digitise it :)

There's lots. You should be more specific about what kind of thing you want and where. Off the top of my head in Edinburgh there's Stills, Calumet, the Edinburgh Photography Meetup Group, and lots of specific bookable walk around tutorials such as Street photography, cityscapes, flower photography, night photography, etc..

Does anyone know of any portrait photographers who offer tuition around the Lanarkshire/Glasgow area? Just bouncing around some ideas in my head whether to attend college or pay for tuition.

Don't really know further west, but pavilion studio or F Jarvis both in Livingston area might be worth checking out?

Back