Cessna 152 - 360 Degree Spherical Panorama

Name
Billy Hepburn
Edit My Images
No
360 Degree Spherical Panorama of Cessna 152 G-BKTV while flying over Monklands, Lanarkshire.

The image here in the forum is the "flat" version.

You need to click the link below the photo to see the interactive 360 degree image.

billyh42
elevation360.com

Pano_01_720.jpg

G-BKTV - Somewhere over Monklands!
http://www.musicpro.co.uk/sites/aviation/leading_edge/pages/e360_gbktv_pano_01.html

I love these shots and this one is no exception. Superb.

Cheers Matt

Took me a while to work out how to keep the camera in roughly the right place to take the shot while flying the plane!

billyh42

You flew over Monklands... eg Coatbridge and Airdrie and no one actually tried to steal the plane?
Nice picture too.

That is absolutely superb, :clap:, as a fellow pilot I really enjoy this shot, was a beautiful day for it, how did you manage to do that :thinking:
WOW, just had a look at the 360 degree interactive image, that's very clever, must try one of these.

Last edited:
That is absolutely superb, :clap:, as a fellow pilot I really enjoy this shot, was a beautiful day for it, how did you manage to do that :thinking:

Hi Kevin

It's just 4 shots stitched together - front, back and 2 sides.

You can see the camera in the shot below!

billyh42

GBKTV.jpg

The camera for the panoramic shot can be seen mounted in the back of the 152!

You flew over Monklands... eg Coatbridge and Airdrie and no one actually tried to steal the plane?
Nice picture too.

I take it this is a dodgy area of Scotland?

Amazing shot though! Yet again turns an ordinary subject into something quite unique.

Can't believe you've done this in such a small space?

pg32

Can't believe you've done this in such a small space?

Took a wee bit of time to get this to work!

While these 360 shots are easy enough outside or in a larger space, it's in the smaller spaces that there are large parallax errors (due to the proximity of objects like the seat backs etc) that need to be edited in the stitching.

billyh42

ive never seen that done before ut its a really cool idea, looks great too

Wonderful work, my dad once flew us as kids from England to Corfu in a 182 instead of taking a normal flight.

Site seems to be down again

Nope, there haven't been any further problems with the elevation360 site!

It's quite a busy site so generally I get to hear immediately if something's not working.

On this occasion the problem must have been at your end!

billyh42

Back