CEX returns

Edit My Images
Yes
I have never bought from CEX before and i am a little worried since some people complain their warranty and returns are not as straight forward or good as they sound at first.

Has anyone actually bought from CEX online, had it delivered to their address and then returned it within 14 days.

Did they give you a full refund back into your bank or did they give you a voucher or less than a full refund etc. How did it go.

Thanks in advance.

Yes got a D300s but too many actuations ( I should have asked them first )

Return straightforward and quick refund on full and to the payment card.

Have bought camera stuff from them - no issues.

Last edited:
I once bought a lens from CEX online, when it arrived the lens cap and the rear cover were missing and the lens was covered in a sticky residue, they classed the lens as perfect condition, I sent an email and photos, the lens was returned and they gave me a £25 voucher as compensation, simple returns process but it did take around a week for a refund

Have not bought any camera stuff, but have bought a number of other tech gadgets and have not had any issues returning it.

We have a cex local to us so I just take it in there, they check it out and send a refund. I have always bought using CEX vouchers so it refunded in vouchers, not sure what they do if you pay by via PayPal or BT.

Recently bought a MFT lens which when it turned up was actually the far cheaper four thirds mount , sent it back asking for the correct one to be sent ,, despite a senior manager assuring me that would happen on a tues night on the weds morning I got a you have been refunded message …
Totally lost faith in them since this .. and yesterday got a e.mail asking for a review of the lens I never received ..

moral of story they are cheap to buy from but the shop and warehouse staff haven't got a clue .. previous purchases were better than expected though so swings and roundabouts

I have bought a lot of canon stuff from a 20d many years ago to a M6ii recently, and numerous lenses and flashes , never had a problem with any i was not happy with it was easy to return to my local shop and reordered if available

I've bought a few things from them, never had any problems. As someone else said though staff often have little or no idea about the gear so make sure it's the right thing.

Back