CF card cannot be accessed....

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm after a bit of help with a failed CF card. I'd spent a day out shooting with my 7D mk2 and had almost filled a Sandisk CF card that I have used without problems for the last couple of years. I popped the camera back in the back on the way home and once I got back, took the camera output to review the photos only to be greeted with the message "Card 1 cannot be read". I've tried the card in a another camera (5D) and also plugged directly into my mac and also a Linux based system and none of them can see the card.

This took place in Australia and I've just arrived back in the UK so the option to go back and retake the photos isn't really on the cards :) Is there any way or re-establishing contact with the card so I can salvage some or all of the photos?

Thanks in advance!
Ian

I have a few of the codes here that you need if you download the sandisk recovery software, pm me if you would like one, its bound to be worth a try. It saved me once.

Thanks for this....$225 to recover a 16GB card....cheaper than another flight to Australia I guess!

Whoa didn't see that, there will be plenty of free codes available ... post a request thread.

This has saved Over 400 images from 460 from a friends SD card from a dropped in the water camera....
You get a free code with a purchase of a new card from Sandisk.
That's good to know. Off out to buy a replacement card...
Thanks!

I ended up sending the card off to a company called TRC Data Recovery who diagnosed a card controller failure. Unfortunately it appears that this failure has also resulted in the data being erased as they've tried to read the chips externally to the card and there is no data present :(

On the plus side, it looks like I'll need to book another trip to Oz and try again :)

barn door - bolted horse I know but

on a 'trip' I would use smaller cards and/or download daily to somebodys PC - if OK, backup to a series of Flash drives for safety

I know.....I always try. I've got a CF card reader for my ipad so I can copy it all onto that at the end of the day but just didn't get round to it this trip and lost a couple of days' worth. Ah well, this should sharpen the mind for next time...and I'm sure the wife won't mind another holiday!

I thought the 7D mk2 had dual card slots, are both cards corupted.

Back