CF card Image quality setting.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I have 2x 2gb cf cards and a few smaller ones. I will never be anything but an amateur. If I ever have a good keeper that I would like to frame it would never be bigger than A6.
If I set my 2gb card in the 40D at the largest raw setting I only get approx 150 shots. I want to take all my shots in raw so what would be the best compromise on the 2gb card to give me more shots, or should I get bigger cards.
I hope I have made myself understood

I think that cards are cheap enough you should be able to get some more, that way when you take the killer pic that you want turning into a poster, you can.

Play.com is normally good, 2GB SanDisk Extreme III CF was £13.99 but someone said its gone up.... but they also said that the 4GB version was only £22ish. Free delivery on those prices.

Shoot RAW without jpg, no need for jpg when you have the RAW file and do as nutter says, buy more cards they have never been so cheap :)

Cheers for the advice, I had a feeling that is what I would be told. I will buy more cards as you suggest just in case I get that "killer" shot. The 4gb seems to be the way to go.
Seeing as I have finally got my £70 Canon cashback cheque I can see 3 x 4gb Sandisk Extreme 3 cards coming my way:)

Or get 4x4gb cards from MyMemory.co.uk....

I have 2x 2gb cf cards and a few smaller ones. I will never be anything but an amateur. If I ever have a good keeper that I would like to frame it would never be bigger than A6.
If I set my 2gb card in the 40D at the largest raw setting I only get approx 150 shots. I want to take all my shots in raw so what would be the best compromise on the 2gb card to give me more shots, or should I get bigger cards.
I hope I have made myself understood

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point here :thinking:
Are you saying that once you take a photograph, the image is stored on the CF card permanently and not being transfered to a computer :thinking:

No they are transferred to my laptop asap which brings me to another question, am I right in believing that storing raw images uses up more disc space?.

>.storing raw images uses up more disc space?.

Raw images do use more disk space than jpg

B.

I don't own a single 'fast' card and have never had a problem waiting for the buffer to empty or had a corruption problem <touch wood>. I suppose I might buy a Sandisk extreme something or other if it were cheap enough but I'll probably just continue with the mymemory own brand 133x (which aren't really 133x but fast enough for me).

Back