CF Card - Should I Send It Back????????

I usually find that its the way that you read a post as you could take it the wrong way than the way it was written....

Joys of any "forum" I spose - although its the same with text's as well...

Chuck a smilie in & that usually helps to get a gist of the way the "post" was wrote & to be read...

Crikey I even confused myself with that :LOL:

I wish I could afford to go Sandisk all the way, but just can't seem to find one under £35 :(

I'm off to NYC in a month so wanted a bigger card for that.......

If its of any help.
Personally i would never purchase any card above 4gb, in fact i would rather have a few 2gb or 4gb cards in my wallet, which are not that big or bulky to carry around, that way if you do go home with a dud, at least your other cards may well be ok and work fine saving the day and all those lovly images. Having one large card is disaster if it goes wrong then you are most likly to loss the lot.
Just for the sake of changing cards i would and do find this a safer way.

I just recieved a 4gb Sandisk extreme III from picstop £15.99 although i see they have now gone up to £21.99 delivered, this fits in with my 2gb and 1 gb sandisk cards...

If i was you i would certainly send the card back or at least make contact with amazon and tell them you have a faulty one...

Hope you have a good time in NY and you come home with some nice pics....

thanks Rocket - am going to do just that! Just on the hunt for the best priced 4GB Sandisk one now - but am getting really confused which one I need :LOL:

Card has been sent back to the seller, and a full refund received thank goodness !

Funny my 8gb Kingston cards (SD) have all been fine the only card I have ever had a problem with is a Sandisk 2gb on which the lock has dropped off so I can't use it. Was it just CF cards from KIngston that have been a problem?

i recently bought an 8Gb Kingston card thinking it was a bit of a bargain & then read about a lot of the problems people seemed to be having with them :bonk:
i did test the card in my camera & went on a rapid fire shooting frenzy just to rack up plenty of shots & although it seemed fine i just couldn't bring myself to actually trust it in my camera :shake:
so without ever even using it properly i sold it on at a loss to somebody at work with an older camera that i hadn't seen any reported issues with :shrug:
on a lighter note i bought 2 more Sandisk cards from the 7 day shop link posted earlier which should be here next week (y)

hopefully nobodys going to say "dont buy from them as the cards are fake & dont work" :bonk::LOL:

I use Kingston CF cards and have no problems with them, I know nikon users have trouble with the elite range. Just send it back for an exchange Kristy, I also have 2 Sandisk 512mb SD cards that have failed after 3 years on my panasonic so it just horses for courses I reckon.

thanks Rocket - am going to do just that! Just on the hunt for the best priced 4GB Sandisk one now - but am getting really confused which one I need :LOL:

Card has been sent back to the seller, and a full refund received thank goodness !

PM sent...I think I have a solution to all this...:D

Back