CF Card

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
ok so i have some money in my pay pal i am after possibly 2x 4gb extreme mk4 cards the only problem is i dont want to pay with cash as i have money in pay pal

but how do i know what is real or what is a copy on e bay

also is there any site around that does take pay pal for memory cards i would prefer not to use e bay but if i have to then i will

thanks

ok so i have some money in my pay pal i am after possibly 2x 4gb extreme mk4 cards the only problem is i dont want to pay with cash as i have money in pay pal

but how do i know what is real or what is a copy on e bay

also is there any site around that does take pay pal for memory cards i would prefer not to use e bay but if i have to then i will

thanks

There are some retailers that also take Paypal.

so just to confirm the canon 300d can not take a 4gb and use it correctly

i did hear some cameras are restricted to what max size they can take

brillmemoryshop is the one mate

Not the size - the speed.... The Extreme IV's are rated at 45Mb/s ( I think from memory) where the III's are 20Mb/30Mb

Not the size - the speed.... The Extreme IV's are rated at 45Mb/s ( I think from memory) where the III's are 20Mb/30Mb
ok so i can get a 4 gb card with no issues just cant use it to the full extent with the speed

i was going to do a bit of sports this year ( Pitbike Racing ) with the camera and was looking to get this from my camera i presume it is going to do me well for this or is a upgrade required to do this

on my current card i can take about 5 shots in sports mode before it freeze and stores the pics before i can go again

ok so i can get a 4 gb card with no issues just cant use it to the full extent with the speed

i was going to do a bit of sports this year ( Pitbike Racing ) with the camera and was looking to get this from my camera i presume it is going to do me well for this or is a upgrade required to do this

on my current card i can take about 5 shots in sports mode before it freeze and stores the pics before i can go again

I don`t think the camera is capable of doing many more is it, I can`t find my manual to check but I think it`s either 7 or 9 but not certain.

I use Extreme IIIs for sports and get up to 20 frames of RAW before the buffer starts to fill at 5 fps.

CF cards have two things to consider - capacity and speed. Your camera can probably take up to 4Gb at once.

Speed wise its can read and write at a certain speed. I think Extreme III will read and write faster than your camera can cope with, and Extreme 4 is faster still. You'd notice the speed difference when downloading to your computer via a USB2 or firewire connection (not the camera which I think is USB1)

Rob Galbraith's site has a bit database on camera read/write speeds and cf read/write speeds.

Unless you're going to employ the spray and pray type of photography then you shouldn't need ultra fast cards. Ultra II or Extreme III should be more than adequate. No need spending the surcharge on Extreme IV or better cards.

what im after is some nice shots of leaning into a corner there is also a downhill corner it is so hard to get a good photo with a point and shoot
upload.jpg

thats why i have a dslr
as you can see this is the best i could get with a point and shoot as it is really fast sport im just after getting some nice knee down shots and leaning in basically
shot 1 leaning in
shot 2 leaning in with knee down
shot 3 coming out of corner
but with only 5 shots before i get freeze this is why i want another and faster card but will it achieve the results im after out of a card ie 9 shots by upgrading

Not sure what your max capacity is but my 400d used these fine Link. Obviously not as fast as the Sandisk Extreme but i didnt notice a huge performance drop and good value for money. Although when i bought them about a fortnight ago they were only 18.99.

Rob Galbraith's site has a bit database on camera read/write speeds and cf read/write speeds.

Unless you're going to employ the spray and pray type of photography then you shouldn't need ultra fast cards. Ultra II or Extreme III should be more than adequate. No need spending the surcharge on Extreme IV or better cards.

Thanks AndrewC for the "Rob Galbraith's" site tip. It will enable me to get better value for money from my CF card purchases and I have bookmarked it.

I burst out laughing when I read "spray and pray type of photography" :LOL:

Nigel

Back