Ch4 now

Started but other matters called...just turned on again........fledging WTE superb.

I might find it on 4+1 in HD and record it?

PS none too sure about the editing but the long lens on his video rig keeps changing from a black to a white one!

Last edited:
Recording on 4+1 :)

The short part I watched and his ethos, dedication & passion come through very strongly.

I'll look forward to watching the recording but his whole attitude makes me think of s younger version of Gordon Buchanan, another one very much worth watching now!

It was great especially as its my favourite area and love spending holidays there, his passion as you say really comes through and felt very personal too

Enjoyed looking around the area and some parts, e.g. the White Tailed Eagles but other parts nots do much.

Sorry for the brevity in the initial post lads................... good wasn't it. :)

Yup exactly Laurence His attitude was /is wonderful......inspiring

All those hours and still missing that first eagle chick fledge. Then having the fortitude to strap on 40kg of gear and set off at 2 am on an hour and a half trek. with that feeling oflittle hope of catching the other........................ Wildlife image making gets in your ruddy head doesn't it:ROFLMAO: I still think we all must be bloody bonkers to do or want to do this, it can be so hard and frustrating but the flip side is so rewarding . There's a madness to all this

Roger what bothered you buddy maybe bothered is too strong a word? :) ....just curious me olde mate what did you like "not so much"?

take care all

stu

Roger what bothered you buddy maybe bothered is too strong a word? :) ....just curious me olde mate what did you like "not so much"?

Yeah, not 'bothered' Stu, just didn't find it so well set out as, for example, Gordon Buchanan's various series.
Filming was 'okay' but when I compare with Gordon's close photography it just wasn't in the same class ... distant Otters, not a really good position for the Eagles, Pine Martens was okay but again not up to other footage I've seen of the species. It was interesting as a story of him and where he lives ... sleeping in a car, long walks but as a wildlife programme per se just not up there with many others for me.
Not being a miserable git, just didn't find it so good as many others. :)

Ruddy eck mate....................... you miserable:p.................. nah I'm jesting, sorry pal ,just made me laugh:ROFLMAO:

No not a miserable git . buddy :LOL: not at all:) I wanted your opinion, thank you

All valid points Roger I'd guess I'd counter with :we have some of the most outstanding nature film makers in the world working off these shores Gordon Buchanan is so gifted together with a skillset that wasn't built in a day it's a high bar to follow.!! We see the best of the best Roger on t' tele Your comments are fair mate, I'm going to get wrapped up in a story:) that's why I asked, you for your thoughts but miserable git no !!:)

Cheers for the above post to Lew's Q

Sorry Lew a bit cryptic ............. :banghead:

Ruddy eck mate....................... you miserable:p.................. nah I'm jesting, sorry pal ,just made me laugh:ROFLMAO:

No not a miserable git . buddy :LOL: not at all:) I wanted your opinion, thank you

All valid points Roger I'd guess I'd counter with :we have some of the most outstanding nature film makers in the world working off these shores Gordon Buchanan is so gifted together with a skillset that wasn't built in a day it's a high bar to follow.!! We see the best of the best Roger on t' tele Your comments are fair mate, I'm going to get wrapped up in a story:) that's why I asked, you for your thoughts but miserable git no !!:)

Cheers for the above post to Lew's Q

Sorry Lew a bit cryptic ............. :banghead:

BBC 4 Natural World " Iceland: Land of Ice and Fire" more my thing. :)

Back