Chaffie just

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Posted these, not because of the bird, they're obviously common as cats and these are fairly average snaps but because I quite liked the dof and bokeh. Taken with the Canon 100-400L and it's not very often you get a decent bokeh with this lens, it's usually quite blotchy. About the only negative thing I have to say of the lens really.

Chaffie-2-1.jpg

Chaffie-1-1.jpg

Lovely shots Brian #1 for me. Good to hear your opinion about that lens, cos I am thinking of selling my 70-200 and and either get a 300 F4 and use the 1.4 converter with it or sell the 1.4 as well and get a 100-400 :thinking: I found that when I had the 300 F4 before a lot of the images were coming out as though the subject had been cut and pasted into the picture :shrug:

Lovely shots Brian #1 for me. Good to hear your opinion about that lens, cos I am thinking of selling my 70-200 and and either get a 300 F4 and use the 1.4 converter with it or sell the 1.4 as well and get a 100-400 :thinking: I found that when I had the 300 F4 before a lot of the images were coming out as though the subject had been cut and pasted into the picture :shrug:

Cheers(y)

Aye, with the 100-400L it seems if the BG is fairly close to the subject it can be a wee bit patchy but I've noticed the same kind of bokeh on pictures on here with different lenses. In these the green in the bg is a field and a fair few yards behind the bird so it's came out quite smooth.

As I said I just posted these to sho the lens can produce a decent bokeh given the right conditions. I certainly wouldn't be with out this lens and mainly use as my walkabout. It is a lovely piece of kit.

Couple of nice shots of the chaffy Brian, i also prefer the 1st.

Rich, i've got both of the lens you refer to. With the 100-400, I only tend to use it at the 400 end, I often wish now I had bought the 400 f5.6 prime instead, as I have read what others say that it is sharper at the 400mm. Regarding the 300 f4 I get good shots at both 300mm and also with the 1.4x added. I also find it a good lens for taking shots of dragonflies and butterflies etc, as it will focus at about 1.5mtr with or without the extender.

Couple of nice shots of the chaffy Brian, i also prefer the 1st.

Rich, i've got both of the lens you refer to. With the 100-400, I only tend to use it at the 400 end, I often wish now I had bought the 400 f5.6 prime instead, as I have read what others say that it is sharper at the 400mm. Regarding the 300 f4 I get good shots at both 300mm and also with the 1.4x added. I also find it a good lens for taking shots of dragonflies and butterflies etc, as it will focus at about 1.5mtr with or without the extender.

Cheers lammie (y) I think it was Martyn who also said what you have a while back now. But yeh I did have the 300 before it met it`s fate :D And it was your Ltt shot that kinda remided me about it. Maybe it is me but the edge of the Ltt looks too clean, and gives me the impression it is a cut and paste job ( I know it aint ;) ) As I said I never had it all the time, but it makes me wonder if it only happens when the subject is at a certain distance and a certain F-stop :shrug:

Crap..........;)

nice shot and a bowie fan too we could be friends :LOL:

Yup, a fan since 1972 (when I was about 2 years old you understand:LOL:). Seen him live 11 times all told, between 76' and 95' took in every UK tour during that time. Dunno if he'll tour again though, due to his health problems.

Back