Chain Bridge At Night

Edit My Images
Yes
Chain-Bridge-At-Night.jpg

I really like the bridge but for me (and my inexperienced opinion) the glaring light to the left has become the focal point and detracts from the beautiful bridge. Again only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt!

Renee

Renee,

I know what you mean, and for that very reason I took a couple of other pictures where I either reduced the exposure or used the zoom lens to crop the light out...

Trouble is when i viewed them again n the PC at home, its the picture above which really is the closest to how the scene actually looked...

Once i get some Photoshop skills, I might revist this one and see if the impact of the light can be reduced some what... failing that, I might go back, but take an air rifle with me as well next time! :naughty: ;)

Regards,

Pete

hi pete
had a quick fiddle with it, just cut out the direct light, and used shadow/highlights to widen the picture. The compression has brightened the picture, but could be done better with the original.

Chain-Bridge-At-Night.jpg

Boon,

That certainly works...the problem I had by trying to do it "in camera" via the exposure was that I was loosing the detail/colour of the light on the water on the right of the picture..Your method still retains that..

I'm starting a photshop course at nightschool next week so i hope I'll be able to pick up some of these skills...

Regards,

Pete

do you take RAW pictures pete, much better to do that, you can alter almost anything you like with them, if not, try it.

Just started in the last couple of weeks...

My previous S1 didn't offer that function so it all a bit new to me..I figure that if I save the RAW images from anything half decent, as my PS skills improve I can go back, an work them over...

Back