Change of address

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I retired from Merseyside Fire and Rescue service back in 2009 having served for thirty years.Within a year of retirement I had moved to rural Malawi for a year, a life changing experience and from there I have lived in South Africa ever since.During all that time I used my parents home as my UK address especially as my pension was paid into my UK bank, Barclays.Earlier this year my last parent died, my Mother and now finally the house is getting sold. An old and good friend has offered for me to use his address from now on for my UK registered address. My question is, which companies/organisations do I have to inform of my new change of address, I am aware of the obvious one's, Barclays, Amazon, EBay and Paypal. Bearing in mind that I only have a mobile phone over here and international calls are expensive, my preferred method of communications would be via email.
Thanks in advance for any help on this matter, cheers.

FWIW

This surely is no different to any 'house' move.....

You should advise all official(?) regular writers of letters and documents. Also, a postal redirect for 1 year to cover annual letters.

From the sound of it, where you are able or already have email as your stated method of contact some organisations will still send you letters in the post. You need to mitigate for that to happen?

I surmise your friend is trusted enough to either bundle your post and courier it to you or open and scan it for sending in an email as needed?

Get your U.K. post redirected for a year and you’ll see who you’ve got to notify, I guarantee you’ll have forgotten a few.

Btw, where did you live in Malawi? My stepson and his wife lived out there for a couple of years, they were based on a tea plantation in Thyolo. We visited them once and toured around a bit , thought it was a fabulous country.

Back