Changing Internal Drives/Lightroom

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Just seeking if I am about to do the correct thing as I am replacing my internal 1TB drive with a 3TB drive to ensure my Lightroom continues from where it left off.

I have a hard drive on my PC (E Drive) where I store a folder called pictures and where my Lightroom points to.
I have bought a new, bigger drive(M Drive) and have copied the picture folder onto this drive.
My Lightroom catalogue is on my SSD along with my OS.

Can I now just take out the E Drive and then replace the physical drive with the M Drive and then rename it E Drive. I think if I do this Lightroom will still be able to find all my folders etc.

Can somebody please just let me know if my thinking is correct or let me know of any more gotchas?

Thanks for any comments

Mal

I can't help you on the above but relinking the folders in Lightroom isn't so bad. I've soon got to move 900GB of images to a new drive and relink. Just make sure you have a separate back up of your existing hard drive in case some goes missing.

Yes Mal, installing then renaming the drive letter, will work. Just did it recently myself.

As Rob states, relinking is easy enough, but make sure that you have backups of all your pictures and Lightroom catalog.

Back