Changing Paterson Spiral Width

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I was just looking at my spiral this morning and wondering how you change the spiral width for 120 film? Not that I am in an rush to do it but I was just wondering is there a little catch or trick I am missing to extend it :thinking:

Thanks in advance...

IIRC and it is a long while since I did this you need to turn twist the sides of the spiral in opposite directions to each other. This unlocks the spiral and you can now pull the sides apart to extend the spiral to the 120 film size. Once you've done this you then twist the sides of the spiral again to lock it.

Wow that was quick. I'll give it a go when I've unloaded the roll of 35mm that's in there at the moment waiting for the soup.

IIRC and it is a long while since I did this you need to turn twist the sides of the spiral in opposite directions to each other. This unlocks the spiral and you can now pull the sides apart to extend the spiral to the 120 film size. Once you've done this you then twist the sides of the spiral again to lock it.

Woohoo, I now have 3 x 120 spirals. :ty:

Yes cheers for that I see how they work now... 35, 120 and 220 are the options right?

120 is the same as 220 in terms of width.

But in terms of what film you can put in, yep. All those.

Yes cheers for that I see how they work now... 35, 120 and 220 are the options right?

220 is the same width as 120 (same spiral), only its twice as long, they're supposed to go on the same spiral, never tried 220 and I don't fancy trying to get it on, got enough trouble with 120 :LOL:

ninjah'd

79485_1_ninja.jpg

Back