changing T8 florescent lights for LEDS

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my kitchen 5ft tube lights has finally given up the ghost, so I must replace both for conformity. (one of the bulb holders has burnt out).Has anyone changed to the equivalent T8 Led units.
and does anyone have any thoughts on the matter.
I have discovered that there are a few options such as single or double ended feed.
As the units are old, I am not interested in bothering to convert them by removing the ballast and starters and rewiring.
This one below seems suitable as it will fit my existing diffuser covers., which improves their look somewhat.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-T8-2ft-4ft-5ft-6ft-Single-Batten-Fitting-Fixture-with-or-without-LED-tube/152146722334?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=451342298309&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I have converted two 5ft & two 6ft florescent tubes.

Simple, remove old tube and starter and replace with new LED tube AND new starter which was supplied with the tubes.

No wiring involved.

Last edited:
Yes as Paul said. Converting wiring to single-end though is dead easy and then you need no starter. A 6ft led tube is about £25. They'll probably be had in some flavour of 'warm white'? But whatever you get, it might be more pleasing than the fluorescent you had before ...?

Last edited:
Back